How to honor 6 people with one name?

My husband and I are finally going through fertility treatments so of course now I want to look at names!

Picking a girl name is the hardest. I really want to honor 6 people with only two, maybe three names and I’m hoping you, the fabulous people of Nameberry, can help.

Names to use:
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] ([name_f]MIL[/name_f])
[name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (Grandma/Me)
[name_f]Monique[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] (Mom)
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] (DH)
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Roman[/name_m] ([name_m]Son[/name_m])
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] (BF)

Both my boys have 2 middles, the second middle is a family tradition, but maybe dropping the tradition can be an option.

Our last name is 3 syllables and begins with an L.

I think an M name could honour 4 people, a version of [name_f]Marie[/name_f]/[name_f]Mary[/name_f] would honour 2 people, both [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] mean “gift of god”, so finding another name that means the same could honour both of them.

Maybe something along the lines of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] or [name_f]Mattea[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] ([name_f]Laurel[/name_f] isn’t a form of [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] but it’s so close in sound, I would definitely view it as an honour name) or really just any M name, [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] & a form of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/[name_m]Roman[/name_m].

Okay. Thanks. I’ll look into it.

I’m not a huge fan of 2 middle name… but maybe if you hyphenate the first name it could work

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Monique[/name_f]
[name_f]Monique[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]

I vote:
[name_f]Mariah[/name_f] (another form of [name_f]Marie[/name_f]/[name_f]Mary[/name_f], as well as meaning teacher, as [name_f]Monique[/name_f] means advisor)
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] (I second what the pp said. If you want it to sound like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], go with [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]. If not, go with [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as it’s most common nn)
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] (means gift, just like [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m])

[name_f]Mariah[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_f]Mariah[/name_f] [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]

[name_f]Mariah[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariah[/name_f] for [name_f]Marie[/name_f]/[name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Monique[/name_f] (it means teacher for [name_f]Monique[/name_f] (advisor) and is a name for the virgin [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Laurel[/name_f] for [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f] for [name_m]Matthew[/name_m]/[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (it means gift)

I agree about looking for an M name to cover the 4 and then some way to work in the other 2. The OR in [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] could be a way to honor them both. [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] has the [name_f]RO[/name_f] from [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and the [name_f]Mary[/name_f] for the other M names. Similarly, [name_f]Moira[/name_f] has almost all the sounds that could relate to honoring. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] has the [name_f]RO[/name_f] from [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and similar to [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f].

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_f]Oriel[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f] [name_f]Lenore[/name_f]
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Moira[/name_f] [name_u]Joan[/name_u] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] [name_f]Thais[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_u]Rory[/name_u] [name_f]Mirelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Veronique[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Honora[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Leanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Orla[/name_f] [name_u]Thames[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Tempeste[/name_f] [name_f]Marine[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Marietta[/name_f] [name_f]Tulip[/name_f]

Hmm

Both [name_f]Marie[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] are related names so I would look at variants of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] (which is what [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is) as a starting point…
[name_f]Malia[/name_f]
[name_f]Maris[/name_f]
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Mara[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariah[/name_f]
[name_u]Marian[/name_u]
[name_f]Mariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

[name_f]Monique[/name_f] is a [name_m]French[/name_m] name you could potentially look at [name_m]French[/name_m] variants of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] as that would honour both [name_f]Monique[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f]/[name_f]Marie[/name_f]…
[name_f]Manon[/name_f]
[name_f]Marine[/name_f]
[name_f]Manette[/name_f]
[name_f]Marise[/name_f]
Marlène
Mérane

Both [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] share the meaning ‘gift of God’ so I would look at names with that meaning…
[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Theadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Godiva[/name_f]
[name_f]Mattea[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is a [name_m]German[/name_m] name so maybe you could look at [name_m]German[/name_m] names beginning with ‘l’…
Landra
[name_f]Leonore[/name_f]
[name_f]Liesel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
But I really like the idea of using [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] as the second middle name.

Combination suggestions:
[name_f]Marine[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Manon[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Liesel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maris[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Leonore[/name_f]

My favourite is [name_f]Marine[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] it ticks all the right boxes in my eyes : )