How to honor Gary?

My husband and I like to use honor names in some way with our children. With our next, (if it’s a boy) I would love to honor my dad. His name is [name_u]Gary[/name_u], which unfortunately I don’t love. I have, however, been toying with the name [name_u]Gray[/name_u]. I need honest feedback. Could [name_u]Gray[/name_u] work as an honor name for [name_u]Gary[/name_u] or is it a stretch? Does the book 50 shades of [name_u]Gray[/name_u] make the name inappropriate? What are your feelings about this possible name choice?

I really like [name_u]Gray[/name_u] or [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] for an honor name for [name_u]Gary[/name_u]! I think either are fitting. I also like [name_m]Garrett[/name_m] as a namesake. Now worries about the 50 shades connection. There wouldn’t be one for your little one. [name_u]Gray[/name_u], [name_u]Grey[/name_u] and [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] are getting quite popular!

I think [name_u]Gray[/name_u] honors [name_u]Gary[/name_u].

My first thought was [name_u]Gray[/name_u] so yes, I think [name_u]Gray[/name_u] works.

I first thought [name_u]Gray[/name_u] too, definitely works!

I think [name_m]Christian[/name_m] and [name_f]Ana/name_f would be more associated with 50 Shades than [name_u]Gray[/name_u]. Besides [name_u]Gray[/name_u], you could also pick other names that start with G.

Garyn, Garyt, Garyk, [name_u]Cary[/name_u], Garyd

You all using all the same letters. Perfect!

[name_m]Garrett[/name_m] was my 1st thought! :slight_smile:

It definitely works, as does [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]. [name_m]Gareth[/name_m] is another thought.

[name_u]Gray[/name_u] is cute. [name_m]Garrison[/name_m] works as well.