How to honour Carole?

What are some ways to honour [name_f]Carole[/name_f]?

[name_f]Tia[/name_f]!

Carole is a feminine variation of [name_m]Charles[/name_m], so any names that are based from that would work. Also, in parts of Europe, [name_f]Kaja[/name_f] is a diminutive of [name_f]Karolina[/name_f], which also shares the same route. Any variation of these would work.

Caroline
[name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaja[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_f]Kailani[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]

You could also take part of her name to have a different name.

Clare
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lora[/name_f]

I think that [name_f]Carole[/name_f] is a great name, and [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] is also timeless, but there are lots of ways to mix it up a bit!

How about:

Carolina
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
Carrigan
[name_f]Carla[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlize[/name_f]
[name_f]Corliss[/name_f]

I agree with @bellalily [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] would be brilliant. Or [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] or even just [name_f]Coral[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@shells15 Thank you for all your suggestions! I like the idea of mixing up the letters, especially [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] and [name_f]Orla[/name_f]. [name_f]Orla[/name_f] appeals to my Irish heritage too!

@emarias22 [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] grows on me the more I read it! Thank you for your suggestions, [name_f]Corliss[/name_f] is beautiful! I’ve never heard it before.

@bellalily @whatchamacallit Unfortunately [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] just makes me think of the film so that’s not really an option for me. I like the suggestion of [name_f]Coral[/name_f], and [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is stunning! Thank you.

2 Likes

Another suggestion would be to use a double barreled middle name.

Carole-[name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]-[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]-[name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]-[name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]-[name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]-[name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Carole[/name_f]-[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]

I like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], and the nickname [name_f]Callie[/name_f] makes it seem more youthful. I also think [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] is lovely.

Also a “carol” is a type of song so perhaps names that have a similar meaning like [name_f]Aria[/name_f], [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] or [name_f]Melody[/name_f] would work, depending on how you feel about honour names that aren’t close to the original name.

2 Likes

@ThunderLee Thank you for your suggestions! I’m not really into the double barrel thing but I love [name_u]Jean[/name_u], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_u]Marie[/name_u] and [name_u]Wynn[/name_u] as middles! They’re so versatile.

@choupette What a creative idea! I love [name_f]Melody[/name_f]. Thank you!

Carla
[name_u]Caro[/name_u]
[name_f]Carol[/name_f]
[name_f]Carola[/name_f]
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sharla[/name_f]

1 Like

I was going to suggest [name_u]Caro[/name_u] too, but @Johannaa pipped me to the post :wink:

I adore it, it’s one of my top contenders for my entirely imaginary fourth child, and I’d love to see it get some use! It’s a pretty clear honour for [name_f]Carole[/name_f], too.

1 Like

@Johannaa @katinka Wow, [name_u]Caro[/name_u] is a great name! I’ve never heard it before. I’m still so amazed by all of the names I’ve yet to discover. Thank you for this suggestion!

2 Likes

Caro
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]

You could have [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] nn [name_u]Caro[/name_u]

I also love [name_f]Coral[/name_f] / [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] if it’s a spring/summer baby :blush:

1 Like

Caro
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]

Carole makes me think of “caroling/music” so maybe musical names?
[name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
[name_f]Cappella[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Mandolin[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonnet[/name_f]
[name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]

I also think [name_f]Carina[/name_f] is a nice sound-a-like

2 Likes

Clara, [name_f]Carly[/name_f], [name_f]Carla[/name_f], [name_f]Cara[/name_f],
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Coral[/name_f]

Karin (pronounced kah-rynn)
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (it might me a bit of a stretch though…)
[name_f]Karina[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as a middle! I’d also suggest [name_f]Cara[/name_f] and [name_f]Coral[/name_f]!

Thank you so much for all of the creative responses, I knew I could count on you guys! [name_f]My[/name_f] mind is buzzing with ideas :heart: