How to pronounce Zosia

[name]Zo[/name]-si-ah?
[name]Zo[/name]-sha?
I have no idea?
Please help

[name]Zosia[/name] rhymes with [name]Sasha[/name]. This is the Polish form of [name]Sophia[/name].

Behind the Name says it’s pronounced ‘ZAW-shah’. It’s the diminutive of the Polish form of [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Zofia[/name].

FYI: Dimunitive = pet form, nickname, or alternate form of a name

My (Polish, from Poland) family says zaw SHA. It’s not quite a rhyme with [name]Sasha[/name] - at least not the way the Obamas say it. :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed that Polish Americans say it more like zoh SHA. [name]Sophia[/name] floated on and off our girl name lists for awhile - [name]Zofia[/name] is my m-i-l’s middle name.

I would guess you saw this on my name list, naughty girl!:wink:

It is pronounced Zaw-sha, like [name]Sasha[/name], but with more my flair for the very old, very international names.

It’s such a great name! I hope to use it one day. Are you planning to use it, or were you curious?

Mostly just curious. I love the name [name]Sophia[/name] and its meaning so I was looking for other versions of it.

Oh my goodness, I accidentally read this as “zoysia,” like the grass. Wow! Anyway, I do like it as a variant of [name]Sophia[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: