How to use family names?!

We have come to the realisation that the reason we can’t find any Italian girls’ name that we love is because we’ve used our two Italian favourite names and everything else seems “eh” in comparison. We really liked how we could name our children names something that had a really strong link to relatives without it being the exact same names (I did a post on it which I will just link instead of re-writing it all: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums)

I’d like to include a family name if possible, I really want to honour my great-gran Katherine-Jane if possible. Some other names I would want to try and honour are:
Elizabeth Susan - my other great-gran
Margery - my maternal gran’s middle name
Dorothy - my paternal gran’s middle name

We have decided to turn away from Italian names all together and find something new. I would love some suggestion as you have all been so great in the past! We want something with an exotic sound and long(ish) although that isn’t super important.

We do still like Portia and Evangeline, my husband has sadly gone of Tatiana. :frowning:

People keep saying we have until January but I just have a feeling she/he going to be a few weeks early like all of her/hisolder siblings were. Thanks for any help! :slight_smile:

I’m putting my trust in behind the name for some of these names
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]- [name_f]Karin[/name_f], [name_f]Katja[/name_f]/[name_f]Katia[/name_f], [name_f]Katrina[/name_f], [name_f]Catarina[/name_f], [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f]/[name_f]Kaisa[/name_f], [name_f]Kaia[/name_f]/[name_f]Kaja[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]- [name_f]Ivana[/name_f], [name_f]Johanna[/name_f], [name_f]Giovanna[/name_f], Siani

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]- [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Lisette[/name_f]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f]- [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]/[name_f]Susannah[/name_f], [name_f]Suzette[/name_f], Zuza, Zuzia, [name_f]Zanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Margery[/name_f]- [name_f]Rita[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]- [name_f]Thea[/name_f]/[name_f]Tea[/name_f]

[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]
[name_f]Kallia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f]
Kristalia
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_f]Alisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Simona[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
Gia
Seraphina

[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]
[name_f]Kallia[/name_f]
[name_f]Katerina[/name_f]
Kristalia
[name_u]Vida[/name_u]
[name_f]Alisia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Simona[/name_f]

One thing I prefer in honoring family, is to use something more subtle than just a first name. Such as the family embers middle name, or perhaps ask them what their favourite name is and using that or a version of it, or their favourite colour, or month.