How unusable are these names?

[name]Eurydice[/name] and Hecate in either the first or middle spot.

Are they family names? Sorry to say, but I would never use them. I’m not even sure how you would pronounce them.

Ur-ih-dice? Heh-kate?
I’m with [name]Marissa[/name], I’m not really sure where to begin with these either, sorry! :frowning:

Yeah, I don’t think those are the best choices. I’m stumped on pronunciation as well.

Sorry, but I think they are entirely unusable. Your daughters name is so beautiful and these just do not measure up!

My sister had a dog named [name]Eurydice[/name]. I got used to it and even like it now.

Well, I know how to pronounce them :slight_smile: but I think there are prettier-sounding names out there. Plus, most ppl aren’t total name nerds and will struggle with them, causing hassles for your child. Sorry.

horrible. They just dont sound or look nice.
Off your list, like [name]Bijou[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]

I can pronounce both, and like them both, but I’d be a small minority, most likely. I think you’d have an easier time getting Hecate pronounced properly than [name]Eurydice[/name], for what it’s worth.

Hek-uh-tay and yu-RID-ih-see.

OP, I like them okay, but a) I’m a name nerd and b) a mythology nerd.

Also I like [name]Antigone[/name] and [name]Iolanthe[/name] more than [name]Eurydice[/name]. As far as what people are actually comfortable with, once you’re out past [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Artemisia[/name]… it can be a bit of a struggle.

Hmm. I (and probably many other berries/mythology fans) can say them (though I had to look up Hecate) but not everyone will. Middle name material.

[name]Eurydice[/name]- not usable.
Hecate… I’m not sure if it’s usable, but I love it :wink:

[name]Ive[/name] always kind of like [name]Eurydice[/name], but def in the middle name spot only

I’m a mythology nerd too, and I know how to pronounce both. It’s not the pronunciations that get me, but the associations. [name]Eurydice[/name] suffered a terrible fate thanks to [name]Orpheus[/name] (who also got it in the end), and Hecate is associated with witchcraft via [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s Macbeth and [name]Robert[/name] [name]Graves[/name]'s The White [name]Goddess[/name].