How wearable are the following names?

[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]

[name]Do[/name] these names age well? I like the nickname options [name]Dex[/name] for [name]Dexter[/name] & [name]Mac[/name] for [name]Cormac[/name], but are there any nicknames for [name]Ronan[/name] or [name]Silas[/name]? Can you picture President [name]Dexter[/name] or President [name]Cormac[/name]? Grandpa [name]Ronan[/name] or [name]Doctor[/name] [name]Silas[/name]?

Middle name options I love are [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], [name]Alistair[/name] and [name]Rafferty[/name]. There would probably also be a 2nd middle name, one syllable. Possibly [name]Miles[/name], [name]Hugh[/name], [name]Clyde[/name].

Thoughts? (Sorry, I know I’m rambling)

I think they all wear well, but I like [name]Cormac[/name] the best.

I think [name]Silas[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] are definitely wearable and would go great with your mn’s. I am on the fence about [name]Cormac[/name], I like the NN [name]Mac[/name], but I just don’t know about [name]Cormac[/name]. [name]Dexter[/name] always makes me think of the TV show, so I don’t like it.

[name]Silas[/name]: I really like [name]Silas[/name], and the nickname [name]Si[/name]. Rising in popularity, which to me means it’s quite wearable.
[name]Dexter[/name]: Someone I know (very mainstream, not a Nameberry type) named her son [name]Dexter[/name], so I think it’s going to become increasingly wearable.
[name]Ronan[/name]: Cute Irish name that I think ages very well. Sounds like a lot of boys’ names these days ([name]Roman[/name], [name]Rowan[/name]). I like the nickname [name]Ro[/name]!
[name]Cormac[/name]: Nameberry calls it “offbeat and upbeat”, and I agree! Totally wearable.

You’ve got a great list! All wearable, in my book.

1 [name]Silas[/name] - [name]Silas[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Hugh[/name]
2 [name]Ronan[/name] - [name]Ronan[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Clyde[/name]
3 [name]Cormac[/name] - [name]Cormac[/name] [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Hugh[/name]
4 [name]Dexter[/name] - [name]Dexter[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Miles[/name]

I think the first three names are wearable at the moment. [name]Dexter[/name] may need a little time to recover for the association with the TV serial killer.

[name]Silas[/name]- I think of [name]Silas[/name] from the tv show ‘Weeds’ which isn’t a bad thing :slight_smile:
[name]Dexter[/name]- Similarly, I think of the tv show ‘[name]Dexter[/name]’ but I love that show and the character so, to me, it’s still wearable.
[name]Ronan[/name]- I dislike this name. Not sure why…
[name]Cormac[/name]- Someone once said they think of a tarmac when they hear this name and now that’s what I think of! [name]Silly[/name] I know, but true :slight_smile:

All very wearable, I think!

Great group of names. I think they are all wearable. [name]Silas[/name] is probably my favorite of the group.

My cat is named [name]Silas[/name], because I like giving human names to animals, and I love the name. It’s simple and classic, a little off-the-beaten path, and makes me think of autumn and books and fireplaces. (And this cat is the most agreeable, good-natured cat I’ve ever met, too.) I kind of wish I hadn’t named my cat this name, and wholly support its use for little boys!

[name]Love[/name] love love [name]Silas[/name] but also like [name]Cormac[/name] a lot as well!!

We have a wee [name]Ronan[/name]! We do often call him “[name]Ro[/name]”. I didn’t really intend to ever call him that but it’s kinda fun. I think it ages well. I think the other names on your list are great too. I love [name]Cormac[/name], especially.

Best wishes!