How weird would this be?

How weird would it be to name a son [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]? Probably with nickname [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

I like both names individually, and they’re each significant in their own right, but I do also like the [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh reference. I just rewatched National [name_f]Treasure[/name_f] where the main character is “[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_m]Franklin[/name_m]” [name_m]Gates[/name_m] and it is “[name_m]Martin[/name_m] [name_m]Luther[/name_m]” [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Jr[/name_m] [name_u]Day[/name_u], so I’m wondering if the double honor thing kind of works??

I’m not expecting and won’t be offended at all if you think it’s bizarre. Looking for honest opinions!

4 Likes

I think its fine as long as youre not calling him by both names. Its pretty subtle with a middle name that wont get a lot of use.

1 Like

I do think it’s too tied to [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh, although I love both names and the nickname [name_u]Kit[/name_u].

2 Likes

Honestly I think [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as a name is really cute. Yes you will get comments, which might become annoying after awhile, but you could get that with any name you choose.

I do also want to point out [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is very popular, and he would likely grow up knowing alot of [name_u]Chris[/name_u]’s. I do like the idea of using kit as a nn though which makes it more modern.

1 Like

I think it’s super cute.

1 Like

Hi there.

I think that it’s adorable. [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is a very lovable character. If you were going to call him [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as a full name, it may be too much. But [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] as his given name, but nick-naming him [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is just perfect.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s fine! His middle name probably won’t be used much anyway!

1 Like

I think it’s adorable :slight_smile: [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nickname [name_u]Kit[/name_u] too

1 Like

I’ve considered it so I don’t find it odd at all.

1 Like

I think it would fine. It’s a handsome name and an innocent connection I don’t see people being weirded out :blush:

1 Like

A bit weird but doable

2 Likes

My vice principal was actually named [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] and I will be honest he was teased a lot because of it. Then again, that had a lot to do with the circumstances. I wouldn’t personally do it, but [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is a wonderful combo and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is a great nickname. As long as you’re okay with the association, I think it has all the makings of a great name!

2 Likes

Christopher [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is really cute! I think it’s fine if you’re planning to use the nickname [name_u]Kit[/name_u] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s usable, but I would find it a bit odd.
What if your child grows up to dislike [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh? [name_u]Or[/name_u] just has zero interest in it? He may dislike having a name that has an obvious connection to the series/character.

1 Like

I agree with @choupette, I’m afraid, much as I like the name [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. Apparently the real [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] Milne himself hated the reference.

2 Likes

Yes, I know the real CR didn’t like the connection and didn’t even go by [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], so that makes me more hesitant!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, berries! I think I’m ultimately in agreement with @ethelmary. It’s weird, but doable. In the end I probably wouldn’t use it, but it makes me happy to know that there’s at least one [name_m]Vice[/name_m] Principal roaming around with this cute name!

I guess I should add that I was considering it as an honor for a [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] and a [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. I’m not a fan of [name_m]Robert[/name_m] and prefer [name_u]Robin[/name_u] in its place (though I would use [name_m]Robert[/name_m] if my SO pressed for it). I found a girl’s name that honors both that I found worked better, but the names are still on my list.

I’m not sure if I have a cousin named [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u], to be honest. When my brother was little he called him that because of [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh, and then the rest of the family called him that to differentiate between two family members of the same first and last name. But maybe [name_u]Robin[/name_u] is his real middle name, I should ask

So I learned not long ago that all the [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh characters are based off of mental illnesses (Piglet is anxiety, Eeyore is depression, [name_m]Tiger[/name_m] is ADHD, etc). [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] [name_u]Robin[/name_u] supposedly represents schizophrenia and he’s hallucinating all the characters. I was never into [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh as a child so that’s all I think of when someone mentions him or the show. So if it were me, I wouldn’t want my kid named after that. (but idk how well known this is, so it may not be a problem)

You also have to think of how he would feel growing up that he has the same name as that character. Would he like the connection and the show or would he think it’s weird and hates telling people his middle name because they always bring up the [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] the Pooh connection?

However, I do think it is usable if you’re okay with the connection and if the names are important to you. I could see people mentioning it and I think most people would think it’s cute. Also I think [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is super cute as a nickname and definitely makes the combo more usable.