How would you feel if you met a baby named?

[name_f]Hecate[/name_f], I’d think well, wiccan parents, kind of a lot to put on a kid
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f], just sounds like a permanent lisp to me, plus Frasier’s ex
[name_f]Circe[/name_f], cool sounding name
[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] is a kind of lice powder I think

i would be very excited and also jealous that they beat me to it

I know of a little [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], so that seems totally normal to me, [name_u]Nyx[/name_u] isn’t too odd, but my first association is the makeup/cosmetics brand? I do think [name_f]Hecate[/name_f] and [name_f]Circe[/name_f] would be very bold, but if that’s your thing, go for it!

[name_f]Hecate[/name_f] - her parents love greek myth & it would have been better in the middle position

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] - don’t mispronounce it but very outside the box

[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - witchy and feminine and i like it!

[name_u]Nyx[/name_u] - no

I’d think @rosepip, is that you? :eyes: :grin:

I think they’re all strong, interesting names with a dark, witchy vibe. [name_f]Hecate[/name_f] and [name_u]Nyx[/name_u] feel the most “out there” — I’d assume the parents specifically wanted a standout name that would make a bit of a statement.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] I love and I’d be thrilled to meet a little one. I’d wonder if it was [name_f]Cersei[/name_f] (Game of Thrones) or [name_f]Circe[/name_f] if I only heard it said aloud.

I don’t think I’d draw any conclusions from [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], really. It’s definitely the most mainstream of these options and I would necessarily assume that the parents were going for a feminist statement or anything. Probably more that the parents like the popular [name_f]Lily[/name_f] sound but wanted a more unusual spin on it.

1 Like

I love them all, would want to be friends with her parents, and relieved it wasn’t another [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]!

I’d be really excited to hear any of them on a child, I find unusual names very appealing and these have a vibe that I’m really into - I used [name_f]Circe[/name_f] for my dog but if I hadn’t would have potentially used it.

I’ll be honest, I had no idea what the connotations are for [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] until I looked it up. So I would find it refreshing in the world of the Lily-names. I would have no problem with it at all.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f] and [name_u]Nyx[/name_u] would be exciting to see. [name_f]Hecate[/name_f] is probably the one I’d be most surprised by but not in a negative way. [name_m]Just[/name_m] very cool sounding.