How would you name your only daughter?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], so we’ve been deciding for a few months now and finally have narrowed it down, but still can’t settle.
my top picks are

Kimbirly ( [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] )

[name_f]Anya[/name_f]

[name_u]Arya[/name_u]

[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] ( I know it’s mostly a boys name but I love it, maybe as a second name? )

Which name is your favorite out of my list?

also what name would you chose in general?

Thanks!!

I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] the best! [name_u]Arya[/name_u] is a nice name, too, but has gained a lot of popularity due to game of thrones, and people will likely make that association.

[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] is ok if you don’t mind using a unisex name largely geared towards boys…for me, having a unisex name has always been inconvenient and annoying.

[name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] it’s self is ok, a little dated but possibly ready for a comeback, but spelling it Kimbirly just looks wrong and would cause a lot of confusion and spelling errors in a child’s life.

I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] best.

[name_u]Arya[/name_u] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] :slight_smile: though I prefer the spelling [name_f]Aria[/name_f]

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is the winner for me.

(I don’t like [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] on girls. To me, it just looks like you were disappointed with a daughter and went with a boys name.)

[name_f]Kimberley[/name_f] is nice with the original spelling. I would definitely not change the spelling of [name_f]Kimberley[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] best.

Another vote for [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

I like [name_u]Arya[/name_u] the best.

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is such a sweet and beautiful name!

I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] best out of your names, I think [name_u]Arya[/name_u] could be one of those names that is stuck to a particular time because of the popularity of GOT, and at the same time I’m not sure if you are wanting it pronounced as it is in GOT or as the [name_f]Aria[/name_f] pronunciation but spelt differently. [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] I think is a bit dated as is [name_u]Dylan[/name_u].

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is gorgeous. One of my favorite names.

[name_u]Arya[/name_u] comes from the Word [name_m]Aryan[/name_m]. It’s no way for me.

I would choose [name_f]Anya[/name_f] of [name_f]Aria[/name_f]

[name_u]Arya[/name_u] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f] are gorgeous names! You’ll get so much love for these. I personally [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] [name_u]Dylan[/name_u]/[name_u]Dillon[/name_u] on a girl. I’ve seen it a few times and it’s just done perfectly I think! I can’t stand it on boys but on girls it is gorgeous!
NOT a fan of [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] at all and especially not that spelling!

I vote [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. :slight_smile: I’d never thought of it before, but [name_u]Dillon[/name_u] could be very chic on a girl.

I consider [name_f]Anya[/name_f] to be the best choice by far. Kimbirly would cause a lifetime of having her name misspelled and having to spell it out for everyone. [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] would cause confusion, since it is typically a boys’ name. I have read so many stories on this site of people hating the fact that they have a name associated with the opposite gender and feeling gypped that they that didn’t get a “girls’” name, that there is a high risk of your daughter hating the name.

from your list, I would choose [name_u]Arya[/name_u] or [name_f]Anya[/name_f], but since [name_u]Arya[/name_u] may cause spelling issues, I would choose [name_f]Anya[/name_f]. If I were to only have one daughter, as of today, I’d name her [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Edith[/name_f], I think. :slight_smile:

From your list [name_u]Arya[/name_u] is definitely my favourite, although I prefer the [name_f]Aria[/name_f] spelling, but it’s still great. A daughter for me today would be the same as always since I’m completely in love with it; [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f].

[name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], I think.

Anya :slight_smile:

Gentle, sweet, classic.

Kimbirly is definitely not my style, I’m not into modified spellings. Save her the trouble of always having to spell it out for people…
Arya is also nice, but a little too trendy for my liking. I definitely prefer Anya to Arya.
Dylan is an interesting choice, it’s definitely spunky but I think I’d move it into the middle name position rather than use it as a first name. I like a pp’s suggestion of Dillon, it feels less boyish.

Anya Dillon?

I like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and [name_u]Arya[/name_u] the best.

I would pick [name_f]Audrey[/name_f], [name_f]Dianna[/name_f], [name_f]Leonor[/name_f] or [name_f]Camilla[/name_f].