How would you pronounce Emilia

Summary

@NazwaJagoda @judy.newstead @persephonescrown @tori101 @OpheliaFlora @janeybaby @Tasia @Greyblue

Thanks guys! How would you spell it so that it wouldn’t be mispronounced?

1 Like

Emma-Leah?

1 Like

same as [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]

for Emily-a? I think perhaps [name_f]Emillia[/name_f], Emmilia or [name_f]Emilya[/name_f]

You are the one mispronouncing it though. So even [name_f]Emilya[/name_f] to probably most people who have heard the name is “Emil-ya.” If sound is what you after, I think the suggestion of Emma-Leah or Emileah makes sense phonetically.

I’m not mispronouncing it, that is the name I love, it just happens I chose to spell it as [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] (emil like [name_f]Emily[/name_f], ia as in ee-ah, so it just made the most sense) not knowing it was it’s own name, which is why I’m asking for different spellings, so that my name doesn’t get pronounced wrong☺️

I pronounce [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] the same as [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] but with an E sound at the start

Eh-meal-YUH

I would spell it [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] or [name_f]Emalia[/name_f]

I think Emileah would be the best way to get the pronunciation you want, Maybe [name_f]Emmalia[/name_f] or a double barrel name of Emma-Leah?

1 Like

I pronounce it like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] with an A at the end, to distinguish it from [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

Somewhere between eh-MILL-ee-uh and eh-MEE-lee-uh!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] would be uh-MEE-lee-uh and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] would be EH-mill-ee

I’d pronounce it eh-MEE-lee-ah. Very pretty name! :slight_smile: