How would you pronounce Rosalind?

Would do you think most people would pronounce [name]Rosalind[/name] - with a short o (Rah-za-lind) or long o (Roh-za-lind)?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’d pronounce it like “Rah-za-lind”

‘[name]ROZ[/name]-a-lind’ is the correct pronunciation. Short ‘o’ like pot.

[name]Rosalind[/name] I pronounce like the flower-[name]Rose[/name] a lind. If you are looking for the ah sound, I would go for [name]Rosalyn[/name], pronounced like [name]Jocelyn[/name].

I pronounce it Rahz-ah-lind, with the middle ah and the d at the end being very soft sounds.

It’s [name]ROZ[/name]-a-lind, that is also how Rosalind Russell pronounced it (or in this case, Mr. Sinatra).

I pronounce it [name]Roz[/name] (like [name]Ross[/name]) - [name]Ah[/name]- [name]Lind[/name]

In a book I read in fourth grade (The [name]Summer[/name] of the Penderwicks), one of the main characters was [name]Rosalind[/name], and her father called her [name]Rosie[/name] as a pet name. It was the first time I’d seen the name, so I assumed it was [name]Rosa[/name]-lind. I have a long history of pronouncing names wrong (I thought [name]Chloe[/name] was Shlow for years, and I had thought [name]Penelope[/name] was Penel-ope- the list goes on.) It is Raw-za-lind, but I prefer the way I said it. Sigh…
I would use the spelling [name]Rosaline[/name], but that could be said as [name]Rosa[/name]-line or [name]Rosa[/name]-lean as well as [name]Rosa[/name]-lin. I do love [name]Rosalina[/name], though, and the Super [name]Mario[/name] [name]Galaxy[/name] reference is nerdy in a cool way.

[name]Roz[/name]-uh-linn

Not sure why, but I have never pronounced the “D” on the end.

I pronounce it with a short “o,” and I think it’s a lovely name just as it is :slight_smile:

[name]Roz[/name] ah lind that’s how I say it. Use free text to speech it helps with pronunciation of names.

Thanks for sharing this! I lol’d at ‘Shlow’. :slight_smile:

I also say Rahz-a-lind.

short “O”
Rah-za-lind
I also think of the nickname as [name]Roz[/name] not [name]Rose[/name].
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Have it on my list and I pronounce it [name]ROZ[/name]-a-lind.

I pronounce it [name]ROZ[/name]-a-lyn (the d is soft enough to basically be silent)

Uh, I guess it’s just me, then: I pronounce it [name]ROSE[/name]-uh-lind.

I figure it’s [name]Rosa[/name] (which I’d pronounce [name]ROSE[/name]-uh) + lind, so…

(I also think that ‘rose’ sounds a lot nicer than ‘roz’.)

It’s technically roz-a-lind. However I think a lot of people would say rosa-lind. I naturally say [name]Rosa[/name]-lind