How would you pronounce the name 'Leia'

I love the name [name]Leah[/name], but I am not fond of the spelling [name]Leah[/name] or [name]Lea[/name]. I like the spelling [name]Lia[/name], but I really love the spelling of [name]Leia[/name] (but instead of pronouncing it ‘[name]Laya[/name]" I would pronounce it like "[name]Le[/name]-uh’). Now I know this name is associated with [name]Princess[/name] [name]Leia[/name] from [name]Star[/name] Wars and that would be my biggest hesitation in using this name. So my question is, do you think you could use the name [name]Leia[/name]-with this spelling and have it pronounced as [name]Leah[/name]? Also what are your thoughts on the name?

Additionally, what do you think about the combo [name]Leia[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] K?

I would definitely pronounce that [name]Lay[/name]-ah. Sorry. :frowning:

I’d also definitely pronounce it [name]Lay[/name]-uh, as Lei is pronounced “lay.”

agreed, I’d say [name]Lay[/name]-uh… I think it’d be hard to get it pronounced differently, just doesn’t make sense.

I would definitely pronounce this [name]Lay[/name]-a. But I have a family name that is used for several female relatives that I only recently realized is probably pronounced differently by everyone else. It’s [name]Leila[/name] and in my family it’s pronounced “[name]Lee[/name]-la”, but I was looking at it the other day and realized it should be “[name]Lay[/name]-la”. Shouldn’t it? Back to the original topic, I personally would stick to [name]Leah[/name]. I think [name]Leah[/name] is pretty, but in my area it’s very common…don’t know how much that matters to you…I do actually prefer both [name]Leila[/name] and [name]Layla[/name].

lay-la; sorry!
this reminds me of a woman i know who has a daughter named gina. g-i-n-a. and the woman insists her daughter’s name is “jenna.”

I would also pronounce it “[name]Lay[/name]-a”. Sorry! If you really don’t like the “[name]Leah[/name]” spelling I’d at least go with [name]Lia[/name] (although I tend to prefer traditional spellings). [name]Leah[/name] is a very pretty name, and not overly common where I live.

Sorry - I would also pronounce it [name]Lay[/name]-a. I do think that [name]Lia[/name] is cute alternative if you don’t like [name]Leah[/name]. Good luck!