How would you spell LeighAnn/Leighann/Leigh Ann?

We would love to use these as a middle name since [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] and [name_f]Ann[/name_f] are both family names. But I’m torn on the best way to spell it. Any advice?

From your spellings, I’d go with [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. I personally would spell it [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], but would also consider LeeAnn.

1 Like

Of these three, I prefer [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] – maybe even Leigh-Ann! To me, the Leighann spelling begins to read as ‘lee-gan’, just a little.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother and I both have a different spelling, [name_f]Leann[/name_f], as our middle name. :blossom:

1 Like

I agree that smooshing the names together with the Leigh-spelling makes me want to say Lee-gan. I’d prefer [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] or Leigh-Ann.

I’ve always liked [name_f]Lianne[/name_f] as well.

1 Like

From your trio of spellings [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite spelling is [name_f]Leanne[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Of the three you listed, [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is my favorite, though my actual favorite spelling of it is [name_f]Liane[/name_f].

2 Likes

I’d go with [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] - or [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] to change it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

From your spellings I’d choose [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], but I’d rather it be [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] or [name_f]Lianne[/name_f]. If it had to be seperate, I’d rather spell it [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u] / [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Leanne[/name_f]

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! So my main issue is that I would really like to keep the spellings [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] and [name_f]Ann[/name_f] (possibly Anne) since I prefer to keep the original spellings of the family names we’re trying to use. I just don’t know the best way to put them together in the middle name spot. I also realize it’s the middle name, so probably not as critical as it would be for a first name. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Lianne looks really fresh and pretty to me! Otherwise the name feels a little messy. But if you feel that you have to stick to the Leigh spelling, I suppose I’d go for Leighann.

What if you did something like [name_f]Annaleigh[/name_f] or Annleigh instead? If you prefer [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] then [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and still want it spelled [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], I would do Leigh-Ann.

1 Like

I do like the [name_f]Annaleigh[/name_f] option you mentioned!

I like Leighann! I have two friends with this spelling and I always thought it was quite pretty.

(I know you said you want to keep the spellings, but I also like Leanne/Lianne/even Lyanne)

I would personally go for [name_f]Liane[/name_f] because I prefer a simplistic approach in terms of spelling and readability but that’s my own preference, however as its a family name I would do the two first name approach of [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] in your case simply because that’s who you’re trying to honor and there’s already a precedent for it and it’s simple.

From yours I would say Leigh Ann. But I personally think I would just do something along the lines of LeAnn or Leann

from your spellings, I’d do [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite spelling is [name_f]Leanne[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face: