How's Your Writing Going?

I want to hear about EVERYONE’S writing projects! I know we do a lot of this in the WriterBerries Thread, but I thought I’d like to read it all once more, in a new thread, with fresh eyes. I can start!

For me, I actually managed to hang onto one idea past the initial wave of inspiration, so I’m still technically working on that project. [name_f]My[/name_f] motivation to write went ploop when my PC died, but it came back recently. I’m currently working on an assignment for school that I’m probably taking too far, but once I finish that up I’m gonna try and get back to drafting my novel.

How about you guys? Experiencing issues? Riding the wave of inspiration? In the trenches of tedious editing? Let me know! I will set a reminder to come back to this in a few days, just in case I forget :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have 4 more chapters to write before I’m done with the first draft of my new project! I’m hoping that means I’ll be done by [name_m]Thursday[/name_m] at the latest but I’m trying to decide if I’ll go back to my main project after this or continue the momentum into the sequel (hopefully I still have the time when I start my new job this fall to do both at some point!)

1 Like

I’m about halfway through the first chapter, of the first draft, It’s a cheesy glee fanfiction so it’s a little easier to write than an original story, I actually think I’ll get the first chapter done tonight.

1 Like

I haven’t written in a month, but that’s how it is sometimes, right? :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve got a really fun idea for/beginning of a project, but I haven’t worked on it in months… I’m not letting it go though! I am working up to picking it back up! :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m almost done with the second draft of my novel! I’m super excited about it.

2 Likes

That’s amazing! I’m so happy for you! You’ve come so far and worked so hard. Now on to the next step. I can’t wait to hear how it goes

1 Like

[name_f]Awesome[/name_f]! I definitely feel like some of the pressure to put together coherent settings and characters definitely falls off your shoulders. Can’t say I’ve watched that show, but it’s probably pretty good! You’re doing amazing.

[name_u]New[/name_u] projects are always exciting, and I’m glad you’re holding on. The satisfaction of being done is even better than the excitement of starting out. [name_u]Or[/name_u] so I hear :joy:

1 Like

Yep! But even if a doctor retired and hadn’t treated anyone in a month, I’d still trust her to fix my broken bone more than, say, my brother. Sometimes we just need time away!

A whole second draft?! That’s incredible! I’m excited too now! I hope it goes well for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!