Hubby doesn't like Esme.back to square 1, help please!

This is becoming so very difficult, and sadly just not too fun anymore. Here is what we have, that we both like:

[name]Caroline[/name] (while I love this name, I don’t fel it has the same “ring” as our other girls names, I guess we could use [name]Carrie[/name] as a nn, though it is not my fave)
[name]Anna[/name] (I personally think this is very close to [name]Emma[/name])
[name]Lucy[/name] (I am just not in love with it, though…)
DH loves [name]Genevive[/name]… I am not sure, but I do not like the nn ginny…
We both love [name]Grace[/name] (nn [name]Gracie[/name]) as a FN, BUT have already used [name]Grace[/name] in one of our children’s names’ ([name]Emma[/name] [name]Addison[/name] [name]Grace[/name])- would that deter you from using it in the FN spot??..
[name]Madeline[/name] (though I think "[name]Maddy[/name], is way too close to [name]Maggie[/name] which is our oldest daughters name)

Hubby has already said no to:
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]

Hubby really likes [name]Riley[/name]- I don’t think it is a bad name, just do not feel it fits with our other names.

Our other girls names are: [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name],[name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name]
I tend to like, classic, traditional, girly names. in some instances Southern style (I am from the deep South), also French names…

Please anymore suggestions??? I am just running out of ideas!!! Need some fresh thoughts on this!!!

Okay, what about:

[name]Ayla[/name] [A-luh]
[name]Cara[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]

[name]Aimee[/name]
[name]Celie[/name]
[name]Glory[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Therese[/name]

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Roseanne[/name]

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name]- you are great!! Thanks for your input. Here are my thoughts on the names you have suggested. Maybe we can dwindle something down. I would be thrilled if I could even come up with a top two or three to have in mind…

[name]Ayla[/name] [A-luh]- never heard of this one. interesting will look it up
[name]Cara[/name] - Like this…
[name]Georgia[/name]- DH already shot this one down
[name]Hannah[/name]- no can do, have a cousin that named her baby this, and her baby who is now 9 is a spoiled only child (not that all only children are, but she iS!!)…
[name]Laura[/name]- don’t care for
[name]Rosa[/name]- I have a [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name](I think this would be too close)
[name]Tessa[/name] - Cute!! I am going to look up the meaning

[name]Aimee[/name]-love it, but no, [name]SIL[/name]'s name and we are not close
[name]Celie[/name]- [name]How[/name] do you prnounce this???
[name]Glory[/name]- Cute…(and this would honor my [name]MIL[/name] who is [name]Gloria[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]- Like this one (not usre how well it would fit with our other names…)
[name]Rosie[/name]- again I think this is too close to my [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Therese[/name]- don’t care for it

[name]Alice[/name]- love it but it is a no can do, bad, very bad association
[name]Camille[/name]- o.k.
[name]Gwyneth[/name]- don’t care for it
[name]Iris[/name]-don’t care for it
[name]Kathleen[/name]- I prefer [name]Katherine[/name] to [name]Kathleen[/name], DH has said no to [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]- it’s o.k.
[name]Roseanne[/name]- again with the [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] issue

What do you think about [name]Gianna[/name]??? I also like [name]Josephine[/name], but while DH has not said no, he said it doesn’t believe it has the same “feminine” feel our other girls have??? For ahwhile we considered [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Maria[/name], but I am just not liking it anymore. I also really like [name]Pearl[/name], DH …of course does not.

I know the name is out there… =0)

Oh, your husband is hard to please. I love some of the names that he vetoed. Here are some other names to consider.

[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name], [name]Lucinda[/name] or [name]Lucille[/name] (instead of [name]Lucy[/name])
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name] nn [name]Margot[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name]
[name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name]
[name]Luella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] (instead of [name]Caroline[/name])
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Vesta[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name] (instead of [name]Madeline[/name])
[name]Winona[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Zola[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] nn [name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name] nn [name]Hettie[/name]

My family also has Southern roots, so I’m thinking through some of the more stereotypical “southern” names from my family tree:
[name]Eula[/name]/[name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Then there are the place names:
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Selma[/name]

Names that have a similar feel:
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Dolly[/name] (can be used independently or as a nn for [name]Dorothy[/name])
[name]Harriet[/name]/[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Hailey[/name]
[name]Bea[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]/[name]Flo[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]

Oh, and [name]Hazel[/name]

Whoops - I totally forgot about the [name]Rose[/name] part of [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]. Sorry!

Of the ones you liked, [name]Ayla[/name] is Hebrew and means “oak tree,” though I’ve also found it to mean “halo” or “moonlight,” which I think is nice. [name]Cara[/name] is Latin and means “dear.” [name]Tessa[/name] is Greek and means “to gather.” [name]Celie[/name] is pronounced [see-lee] and is derived from the Latin Caelia, which is believed to be linked to the Latin word caelum, meaning “heaven.” It could also be considered a diminutive of [name]Cecilia[/name], meaning “dim-sighted.” [name]Glory[/name] is from the Latin [name]Gloria[/name], which means “worship, praise, or valor.” It’s very spunky and playful! Finally, [name]Phoebe[/name], though different in style from your girls’ names, is Greek and means “radiant, shining one.”

I don’t love [name]Giana[/name], especially with your girls’ names (different style), but I think it could work as a middle name, for sure!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Caroline[/name] would be a good match with your girls. You could also use the nn [name]Cara[/name] if you dont love [name]Carrie[/name]. Also, for [name]Genevieve[/name] what about the nn [name]Evie[/name] or [name]Eve[/name]? I like that much more than [name]Ginny[/name].

Others:
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Brenna[/name]

Thanks Ladies… o.k. BIG thing… Hubby this evening said he liked [name]Scarlett[/name] (we actually saw a little girl that had that name) and would consider it… What are your thoughts on this name, and how it would fit with our other girls…also what are some good middle names for it? Still looking into some of the other name suggestions, I love so many of them…but yes, hubby is a tough one to please…