Hubby likes Josephine! WDYT?

I am SO shocked that my husband likes the name [name]Josephine[/name]! It was totally random, but he said that he likes it! His old favorite names were [name]Bree[/name] and [name]Brittany[/name]. So [name]Josephine[/name] is so much closer to my style. The only problem is that I don’t really like any nick names for [name]Josephine[/name]. (Except [name]Posey[/name], which hubby of course doesn’t like) I feel like it’s kind of long for us to only call her [name]Josephine[/name]. I really dislike [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Jo[/name]. I might be able to do Phina, but I’m just not sure. So what do you guys think of [name]Josephine[/name]?

I really love [name]Josephine[/name] right now! I think it’s really sweet, and I like a lot of its nicknames.

I prefer it as a MN, though, and I’ve kinda been obsessed with the combo [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. I actually think [name]Sophie[/name] could be a nn for [name]Josephine[/name], or Sephy/Sephie, or [name]Poppy[/name]… or even [name]Fee[/name]/[name]Fifi[/name]…

But I agree, it is a bit long to go by [name]Josephine[/name] the whole time. I know a little [name]Josephine[/name]… until a year ago, or so, I always thought she was just [name]Josephine[/name], but now she goes mainly by [name]Josie[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. Too bad you don’t like [name]Josie[/name] or [name]Jo[/name] or [name]Joey[/name], but the nickname I automatically thought of was [name]Fifi[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Fifi[/name]? And I think it is OK for parent’s to each have their own nickname for a child.

I think it’s a beautiful name. It’s my step-grandmother’s name and she goes by [name]Fina[/name].

I adore [name]Josephine[/name]! It is probably my abosulte favorite girls name(at least for now). If my husband would agree to it, I wouldn’t hesitate to use this name! If you guys can’t agree on one nickname, how about each choosing your own for her? My parents had two seperate nicknames for me, and I loved it. I felt like I had my own special “thing” with each of them. She could always be her daddy’s little [name]Josie[/name], and your sweet [name]Poesy[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a thought.

it’s one of our favorites too… just worried that it’s getting too popular-- am i crazy or does it seem like a lot of people are talking about it? maybe i’m just warped from reading this site too much, with all of the berries’ very awesome taste!

I do read about [name]Josephine[/name] quite often here on nameberry, but I don’t know any in real life. There are other nameberry type namesthat I feel are becoming more popular (see [name]Amelia[/name] , [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Violet[/name]). But, at least in my area, [name]Josephine[/name] does not seem to be one of them.

Oh I love it! But what makes you think it’s too long to use on it’s own? It’s not longer than [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Lucia[/name] or [name]Madeline[/name], and it’s even shorter than the likes of popular [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Isabella[/name]!

Anyway, it’s such a shame he doesn’t like [name]Posey[/name]. What about [name]Sosie[/name] as an alternative?

I also really like the suggestion of [name]Sophie[/name], which I think totally works, even though I’m not a huge fan of using ‘full’ names as nicknames for other things (like [name]Ivy[/name] for [name]Violet[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name] for [name]Evangeline[/name] etc.) and [name]Sophie[/name] is way too popular for me.

Or you could use Fliss? It’s very cute and fun for a little girl!

I know a teen [name]Josie[/name] ([name]Josephine[/name]) who was nicknamed [name]Fin[/name] or Finnie by her dad as a baby. Not overly attractive, but sweet, I think.

I love [name]Josephine[/name] – it was one of our final five names for our newest daughter. We were going to use the nickname [name]Josie[/name], which I love. I also like [name]Joey[/name], since I am a fan of boyish names for girls. But if those aren’t your style, then I would echo the suggestion of Sephie or [name]Fina[/name].

I like [name]Sosie[/name], or how about [name]Jose[/name]? Or just go by the full name, it’s beautiful! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Josephine[/name]! I actually like a lot of [name]Josephine[/name] nicknames, but I also think [name]Josephine[/name] as a full name is fine. I have a long name (and foreign) and I’ve gone through my whole life without shortening it. I think there are a ton of nn possibilities though so if that’s all that’s holding you back then take a minute and research the possibilities - I bet you’ll find several that you hadn’t thought of!