Hubby put an old favourite back on the table - now I'm torn!

See the results of this poll: Which one?

Respondents: 100 (This poll is closed)

• Valencia : 52 (52%)
  • Safira / Sapphira: 48 (48%)

Oh I love [name_f]Safira[/name_f]! I hear it and picture sapphire, which is so bright and shiny and beautiful! And I imagine a [name_f]Safira[/name_f] being firey and spunky.

Hard decision, I would use both if you can as a first and middle. But if I had to choose one, it would probably be [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], just because it sounds more unique to my ears and I also associate it as a romantic name. [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]/[name_f]Safira[/name_f] isn’t bad, but it reminds me a little too much of [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] and I don’t generally like gemstone names.

[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] is really pretty but if you are religious I wouldn’t use it. It’s one of the bad women in the Bible.

They’re both so beautiful, but I prefer [name_f]Valencia[/name_f]. There’s a certain richness and strength to it that I am really drawn to. [name_f]Safira[/name_f] makes me think of a sparking gemstone, while [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] makes me think of a lush nature scene with color and life.

[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] nn Lencie is beautiful, strong and cute

I prefer [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], but [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] is lovely and if it’s a name you are passionate about, which it seems to be, I would choose it.

[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] feels romantic and brings ti mind rolling hills and villas with terracotta roof tiles.

[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] is sparkly, I think of glittering gemstones. I personally prefer the -pph spelling to the -f spelling, that that’s fairly arbitrary.

Beautiful options!

I personally prefer [name_f]Safira[/name_f]/[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f], especially the former spelling. It makes me think of bold, bright things like jewels and fire (because of the similarity to [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] and the Eragon connection, I think), whereas [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] makes me think first and foremost of the place (and its famous oranges!)

Both go nicely with the sibling names, but again [name_f]Safira[/name_f]/[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] just pips it for me on this front too. It certainly feels strong and dynamic enough to stand up to sister [name_f]Athena[/name_f]!

Thanks so much for all the comments and votes, I wasn’t expecting it to be so close! I have no idea which one I thought would end up ahead but usually there’s a clear winner.

We aren’t [name_m]Christian[/name_m] so the Biblical [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f] doesn’t bother us at all, and really I don’t see the story as being that bad, if anything I feel like God over-reacted a bit. Sure what they did was a little wrong, but did they really deserve to die for it?

Again, thank you for all the imagery, it’s fascinating to see what comes to different people’s minds!
For me, [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is bright and bubbly, it conjures up images of warm summer days with a scent of zesty oranges (probably because of [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] oranges!). While [name_f]Safira[/name_f] has an air of mystery and fantasy to it, it brings to mind the deep blue ocean and fires dancing in sapphires.
Both very different images and feelings, but both of which I love endlessly!

Please keep the comments and votes coming!

:eek: the voting is still SO close!
Please keep the votes and your thoughts on the names coming, I’m still really torn between the two and it helps to see what others think :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the dark elegance of [name_f]Safira[/name_f] (and prefer this spelling), but [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] has such strength to it that I would have to go with her. If having her name spelt/pronounced correctly first time is a consideration for you, [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is probably a better option on that front too. Having said that, the names have entirely different feels for me so I don’t think you can go wrong!

Between the two I prefer [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], but there is nothing wrong with [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f], it is also lovely.

I much prefer [name_f]Valencia[/name_f]. It’s beautifully long, elegant and uncommon. [name_f]Safira[/name_f] seems very modern and sort of made up.

I vote [name_f]Safira[/name_f]! It’s so much more alluring; [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] seems quite buttoned-up in comparison.

I got for [name_f]Safira[/name_f]/[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]. It seems a little more lush with a little more depth and color to it like rich fabrics.

[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is a VERY popular surname in my area so while I can appreciate that the sound is feminine (and I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the nn [name_f]Nala[/name_f]) to me it feels very masculine, much a long the same lines of naming your daughter [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. Not necessarily a bad thing but not my style, and very different feeling from [name_f]Safira[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]. It rides the line of being glamorous and Disney princess-y while also feeling substantial.

[name_f]Safira[/name_f] is lovely, and I definitely prefer her to [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] (which unfortunately, only seems to remind me of oranges - not a bad thing really, but it’s the only imagery in my head…)

I prefer the rich, jewel-toned, elegance of [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], it’s warm and lush. [name_f]Safira[/name_f] is beautiful, but it’s quite aloof and ice-queen esque.

Maybe you should go for [name_f]Safira[/name_f] then, since hubby has it on his mind again.
[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is pretty, but I really like all [name_u]Val[/name_u] names. I’m not a fan of the nicknames you chose, so that is how [name_f]Safira[/name_f] wins my vote. Saffy or Fi/[name_u]Fee[/name_u] are cute nicknames for it.