hubby says no, but ioffers no suggestion. Do you have any?

SOme of you have been following along- but for those who havent… I made a list and sent it to my husband asking him to pick his top 3 favorites. He said all were “unbearable” but 2. Yet he offers no suggestions. The list was
[name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Penn[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Tennyson[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]McLain[/name]
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]

I also [name]LoVe[/name] [name]Archer[/name] (but my brother has a claim on it) and I like [name]Jax[/name] (but sis is using it as a mn)

Husband only liked [name]Knox[/name] (which is my maiden name but also a little too popular for me) and he likes [name]Cash[/name] (which is strange bc most people think thats redneck? and he doesnt usually like edgy or different which I do. But a girl my age already has a boy named [name]Cash[/name].)

[name]Do[/name] you guys have any suggestions?!

Hmm. I know your husband isn’t suggesting anything, but have you been able to figure out at all what his style is? Is he a [name]Jennifer[/name]/[name]Jessica[/name]/[name]Bryan[/name]/[name]Jason[/name] kind of guy? Does he know what kids are being named these days? You seem to like a bit of cool guy/rough-and-tumble.

Some other suggestions:

[name]Hardy[/name] (or full name [name]Richard[/name], if your DH prefers)
[name]Van[/name] ([name]Donovan[/name], [name]Sylvan[/name], [name]Ivan[/name], [name]Sullivan[/name])
[name]Rhett[/name] ([name]Everett[/name]?)
[name]Ving[/name] ([name]Irving[/name])
[name]Ned[/name] ([name]Edward[/name], [name]Edmund[/name])
[name]Wes[/name] ([name]Wesley[/name])
[name]Shane[/name]
[name]Fritz[/name]

That’s all I’ve got for now! I haven’t been following along, so I’m sorry if others have already suggested these.

I dont think he knows his own taste. He doesnt ever offer any suggestions. If he hears a name he likes thats all he will suggest i.e. [name]Knox[/name] (which he hated at frist until it became popular then of course I disliked it due to its popularioty and he felt more comfortable with it bc it was popular)

Maybe you could link him to the Top 1000 list at the SSA and ask him to pick 10-20 that he likes. Or if you want less popular, then maybe just print out 500-1000 for him. At least then you can get a sense of what he likes.

Great idea. Pick the range you want it in, and let him go through with some kind of rating system. Maybe take the pressure off and have him rate with a 1 if it’s something he’d actually like to name a child, 2 if he just likes it, and 3 if he finds it interesting and might think about it.

[name]Knox[/name] may be trendy (due to [name]Angelina[/name] [name]Jolie[/name] naming one of her kids [name]Knox[/name]), but I don’t think that necessarily makes it popular. It is still well outside of the top 100 names, so it is unlikely that there will be three other kids named [name]Knox[/name] in his class. Ordinarily, [name]Knox[/name] would not be my style, but since it is your maiden name I think it would be great.