Huck?

I’ve been crushing on [name_m]Huck[/name_m] lately. What are your thoughts? [name_m]Can[/name_m] it stand on its own? Any ideas for a full name? [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] is a bit too out there for me. Is [name_u]Huxley[/name_u] too trendy sounding compared to my other names on my UC? ([name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] for boys)

ETA: Would a [name_m]Huck[/name_m] be teased for the similar sounding word starting with a C?

Awww I love [name_m]Huck[/name_m]! Maybe [name_m]Henry[/name_m]? It’s similar to [name_m]Hank[/name_m] :woman_shrugging:t2: [name_u]Huxley[/name_u] is adorable & I see it more as literary than trendy, so I think it fits right in! I do think [name_m]Huck[/name_m] stands on his own perfectly fine, though, and personally prefer it that way :slight_smile:

Also, don’t think he’ll get teased for the word you’re referring to, but can definitely see him getting teased for a very similar word starting with an F. I don’t think it’s necessarily a given that he’ll be teased for that, though.

3 Likes

Huck is cute and playful! I think it could stand on its own, and that just [name_m]Huck[/name_m] might fit best with your other names. However, I don’t think [name_u]Huxley[/name_u] is too trendy, if you prefer that. Another possible full name is [name_m]Henrik[/name_m] or [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u] - though even [name_m]Henry[/name_m] would work, I think.
With regards to teasing, I agree it may be more likely that he’ll be teased for a rhyming word starting with “f”. I still think [name_m]Huck[/name_m] is sweet, though, regardless of that.

1 Like

@futuremama @copper_porcupine I have no idea why I thought of the c word and not the f word haha…probably because for me if I say [name_m]Huck[/name_m] multiple times (huckhuckhuck) it sounds like the c word. That’s another thing to consider though.

I’m glad you guys think [name_m]Huck[/name_m] can stand on its own! I am just worried that it is TOO tied to [name_m]Huck[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] (especially with a brother named [name_u]Jem[/name_u]-nothing against literary names at all, it’s just not my intention)

Huck is kind of cute but it does remind me a bit too much of a rhyming word beginning with f.

4 Likes

I adored this name until I saw this :woman_facepalming:

It’s still lovely though, really cute and fun. I like [name_u]Huxley[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I think [name_u]Huxley[/name_u] works, and [name_m]Huck[/name_m] is cute on his own!

1 Like

As a stand alone name the rhyming word that starts with an F is a likely tease word at some point in life. [name_m]Just[/name_m] think as a young kids if he ever tries to do the name game with his friends…

I feel for that reason I’d go for a longer version that could get shortened to [name_m]Huck[/name_m].

1 Like

It’s really sweet, but I wouldn’t use it because what it rhymes with. Same goes for [name_m]Tucker[/name_m].

1 Like

I once had the name [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] on my list with the nickname [name_m]Huck[/name_m]! I wasn’t sure why but it just felt right :smiley:. I also adore [name_u]Huxley[/name_u], but I think [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] would look best on your list!

1 Like

It’s just too southern IMO :grimacing:

I love [name_m]Huck[/name_m]! Kids can turn any name into a bad word or insult with a little imagination, and plenty of people named [name_m]Chuck[/name_m] or [name_m]Tucker[/name_m] do just fine.

I definitely agree that [name_m]Henry[/name_m] could become [name_m]Huck[/name_m]. For that matter, what about [name_m]Charles[/name_m] nn [name_m]Huck[/name_m]? Is it really that far of a leap from [name_m]Chuck[/name_m] to [name_m]Huck[/name_m]?

1 Like

A total guilty pleasure of mine is [name_m]Habakkuk[/name_m] (biblical minor prophet), nickname [name_m]Huck[/name_m].

1 Like

I like [name_m]Huck[/name_m], I think it is a stand alone name. Bonus if his middle name is [name_m]Fin[/name_m]. I just love it. Not sure about a full name other than [name_m]Henry[/name_m] or [name_u]Huxley[/name_u], but I do think [name_u]Huxley[/name_u] would become [name_m]Hux[/name_m] before it would become [name_m]Huck[/name_m]. Same with [name_m]Henry[/name_m] becoming [name_m]Hank[/name_m]. Better as a stand alone.

-I don’t think he would be teased, the C word didn’t even come to my mind until I read it. I think the bigger association would be the F word if anything were to come of it.