Huckleberry's middle name ideas?

I finally figured out what I’d name a second son [I don’t have any kids yet] if I had ever have one: [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]. His brother would be named [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u].

I love it! I always adored the name. Thing is I can’t find a nice middle name! I had [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_f]Briar[/name_f] but I don’t love it. I love [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] together but I don’t think I could get away with it, lol. Any ideas? WDYT of brothers named [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]. If I had to use nicknames they would be [name_u]Rio[/name_u] & [name_m]Huck[/name_m].

I’m just going to be fully in support of little [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u].
I absolutely love the name.

I’m not so good with middle name suggestions though?
Saw your signature and I love the name [name_u]Bayou[/name_u]

yay I really love it too. I might just to that! the combo is too cute to pass up. I also had [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Giles[/name_m] but I didn’t like it much.

You should do it… no middle name would go better with [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] than [name_u]Finn[/name_u]

Yes, I agree. Thanks! Besides he’d go only by [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]…unless he’s in trouble LOL. :slight_smile: [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] it is well hopefully if I had my full say in it. I don’t know what my husband would like hopefully unusual names like me.

Well, [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] Hawn’s granddaughter is [name_u]Rio[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]… which is basically a play on [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_u]Rio[/name_u] de Janeiro.
So [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] has company.

I honestly don’t know what I would pair with [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] other than [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. The only thing that really bother’s me is [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], because it sounds like you’re talking about the actual river, [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]. To be honest [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] go good together, but [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] makes the name sound continents away.

I personally love [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u], but it could get him teased. Here are some combo’s I think you may like or get ideas from. (I did look at your name list.)

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Huck[/name_m]
Huckley [name_u]Finn[/name_u] / [name_m]Huck[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Olly[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_m]Shephard[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] / [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Shephard[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u] / [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Sunny[/name_u] [name_u]River[/name_u]
Townsend [name_u]River[/name_u] / [name_u]River[/name_u] Townsend (I’ve actually met a Townzen and he’s was a chill, cool guy.)
[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] / [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]River[/name_u] / [name_u]Rio[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] / [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Rio[/name_u]
I also think you might like [name_m]Seamus[/name_m].

My favorites are in bold.

That’s all I can come up with. I think your name taste on your signature makes sense, but your Names List seems to be all over the place. You have a wide variety of names and styles.

My theory is that with a very adventurous first name, there should be a more sedate middle name just in case he/she has a hard time wearing the name in certain professional situations.

[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Miles[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Asher[/name_m]

I might also reconsider [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] unless you are really wanting to make a religious statement with your child’s name. I just keep thinking about the gospelgrass song [name_u]River[/name_u] of [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]. If it is an important family name, then disregard that.

I have to agree with liviajoan and tomaura226. [name_u]River[/name_u] is a fantastic nature name, but paired with [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], I feel like I’m listening to the Gospel in church, not looking at someone’s name. It’s much too obvious a reference, as is [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. They’re both ideas that sound great and adorable in theory, but then all of a sudden they’re teenagers, running around saying that they can’t stand [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_m]Twain[/name_m] or they’re not into religion and “Why did you do this?”

I completely agree with tomaura about [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]'s middle name: it should be much more subtle so that he can use the middle name and abbreviate [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] as H. if he has to.

Other middle name suggestions:

[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m] (two literary heroes)
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Michael[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]

livia’s suggestion of [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Huck[/name_m] is also really great—more subtle, so it takes a little while to get the reference.

[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] has religious significance to me and my father picked his middle name out so that’s why I chose it.

Yes, I like a wide variety :slight_smile: I do like [name_u]River[/name_u] Townsend. [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Huck[/name_m] is cute too.

[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] has religious significance to me a lot, and my father whom I love dearly picked his middle name out so that’s why I chose it if it wasn’t I wouldn’t use it.

I agree with the [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] [name_m]Huck[/name_m] suggestion actually, it is the same reference and this sounds a little more professional.
Though I love the name [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]… but the berry part might keep it in the middle name category for me at least.

The name [name_u]River[/name_u] isn’t exactly my style but it seems to be a relatively popular name lately since it is consistently in the top 1000 for a few years so why not? and I don’t think you’d be referring to him by his full name all the time.

I even think [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] could go by the nickname [name_m]Huck[/name_m] due to literary reference without the name on his actual birth certificate if you want room for an alternate middle name.

So since the “[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]” is a thing… I think you can get away with “[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]”. [name_m]Both[/name_m] super literal, both a little silly and both pretty great.
To be honest since [name_u]Rio[/name_u] is the name of a city and the river [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] is nowhere close to it I find this nn for that name combo bit confusing (imagery wise - I can’t figure out if i’m thinking of [name_u]West[/name_u] [name_f]Asia[/name_f] or South [name_u]America[/name_u]).

I’d probably change things up a bit and go with [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_m]Odin[/name_m] or [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] ([name_u]Rio[/name_u]) and [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Lior[/name_u] or [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m] ([name_m]Huck[/name_m]).
I love [name_u]Rio[/name_u] and [name_m]Huck[/name_m] together though. Soooo amazing both feel powerful, rugged and gentle all at once.

[name_m]Both[/name_m] [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] and [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] are a bit much. I’d choose either [name_u]River[/name_u] or [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] , and if you must use [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m], a mn spot will be less embarrassing to the kid.

Biblically the river [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] is symbolic for death- treading the verge of [name_u]Jordan[/name_u] means facing death. My test for boys names is always whether I would love it to be my husbands name and to introduce him to people by that name. I don’t think I could say “[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]” without laughing. Sorry. It’s cute until like age 5 and then he would only ever be [name_m]Huck[/name_m].

it’s the river [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] was baptized in, that’s why I like it there are other reasons too but that’s the main one.

When I first saw it my thoughts were [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] [name_u]Blue[/name_u]. I love [name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m] though it’s because I like the nn HucI think [name_u]Blue[/name_u] as a mn would be whimsical.