Hudson or Beckett?

We are struggling picking a name for our third child. We currently have [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] (boy) and [name_u]Riley[/name_u] (girl), and will be having another boy. I think we have it narrowed down to [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] or [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] but are struggling making that decision. 1) Is [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] too similar to [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] beings they both end in -son? 2) Does one name sound better than the other with the sibling names? Any input is appreciated!

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though I prefer [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], I would go for [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] since you already have a -son name. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is so handsome and sounds great with your other kids’ names!

3 Likes

I looove [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]! Super handsome, and I think the nickname [name_u]Beck[/name_u] is so sweet. I also think [name_u]Jackson[/name_u], [name_u]Riley[/name_u], and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] sound like perfect siblings.
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] is nice too, but I like [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] more. I dont think having two names ending in -son is that big of a deal, so if you love [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] more, its definitely usable!

1 Like

[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] are both great names! [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] is just a little more similar to [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] than I ideally might want, and I prefer [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] anyway, so I think I would personally choose [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]. I love it independently and think it fits great with [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] and [name_u]Riley[/name_u]. But I also completely agree with @regionlatbest–if you prefer [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], I really don’t think the shared “son” would be a problem!

2 Likes

I love both! I want to say [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], but it ends in -son just like [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] which would bother me, personally. For that reason I’ll choose [name_m]Beckett[/name_m].

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is a great name and off-sets the other names best.

I was going to vote for [name_u]Hudson[/name_u], but [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is perfect for your third baby.
Unfortunately, [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] are a little too matchy for me. But still usable, if that is your favorite name.

Both options are great, but I think I prefer [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]! I don’t think [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] sound close imo, they share an ending but still feel pretty distinct for me.

I really love the name [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]! I think it fits well with your sibset without being too matchy- I do think [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] are a bit too similar.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I think that [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] is kind of close to [name_u]Jackson[/name_u]. I’m not sure if popularity bothers you, but I meet a ton of little Hudsons. I rarely if ever hear [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] in real life. Plus, the nn [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is adorable.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile: