Hugo Arthur is here

Our little son Hugo Arthur is here!

Proud big sister is Elsie Ida.

I’m Swedish and my dh is french/english so we were struggling to find a name that works in all our languages/countries. Final two names were Hugo and Oscar, but couldnt decide with the spelling of Oscar or Oskar so went with Hugo.

Hugo seems to be growing in popularity everywhere in the world so it will hopefully travel well :grinning: We love that it’s a very old name, used in France by kings hundreds of years ago and in Scandinavia from 1700 onwards. It’s meaning ‘mind’ and ‘intellect’ is gorgeous too. Arthur means bear in Celtic and we love King Arthur!

It was so hard to decide on the name and I’ve had lot of anxiety over it so it will take me a while to get used to his name. I’m still little nervous that we should have gone with Oscar.

Luckily so far everyone seems to like it so hopefully he will have a good life with this name!

49 Likes

Congratulations! He’s got such a handsome name :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is stunning and sounds so lovely with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] too :white_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! He has a great name, and it pairs wonderfully with big sister’s name too. [name_m]Welcome[/name_m] Hugo!!

1 Like

His name is absolutely lovely! Congratulations :sparkles::yellow_heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] sounds so perfect for your family! What a beautiful name. Congratulations to you all!

1 Like

Congratulations, [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are so sweet together!

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

Hug0 Ar.thur is such a handsome name and sounds gorgeous with big sister Elsi3 Id@ a really sweet pan European sibling set with a vintage flair.

Wishing you all the best as you adapt to being a parent of two kiddos!

1 Like

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is an awesome name!! congratulations

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is so perfect with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like

[name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is perfect!! congratulations or should I say Grattis!!!

1 Like

Congratulations, very classic name! :confetti_ball:

I love the name so much! Congratulations!

Congratulations! [name_f]Love[/name_f] both those names!

Congrats!

You’ve got both my son’s names in one! Great choice! :wink:

Congratulations and all the best to you and your family! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is so perfect :white_heart:

Congratulations!! [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is stunning and goes so well with his sister’s name :sparkles:

Big congrats!

I have two Hugos and one [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] in my (Australian) family, and so I really warm to both names. [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] sounds charming, handsome & intellectual. It’s a fab name for all ages. :teddy_bear:

1 Like

It’s such a dashing name! Congratulations :blue_heart:

A wonderful name, and perfect brother to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f]! Congratulations!