Hugo, Elliot, Max, Alexander? Intelligender was wrong!

See the results of this poll: Our Boy

Respondents: 31 (This poll is closed)

• Hugo Jansen: 13 (42%)
  • Alexander Jansen: 8 (26%)
  • Max Jansen: 5 (16%)
  • Elliott Jansen: 5 (16%)

[name]Hi[/name]! I voted for [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jansen[/name]. I think it sounds great! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. Really helpful!

I adore [name]Hugo[/name]! This would be on our list if it didn’t sound horrible with our last name. Good luck!

[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Jansen[/name] is crazy-awesome!
Nicely done!!!

Best wishes-
[name]Tara[/name]

I voted for [name]Hugo[/name] but like [name]Alexander[/name] equally. It all depends on whether you want an unusual name in the U.S. (if you live in this country) or aren’t concerned about popularity. [name]Alexander[/name] is in the top 10 while [name]Hugo[/name] ranked 380 (SSA 2008). [name]Hugo[/name] is much more popular in Europe – top 10 name in [name]France[/name] and well-used in some other countries. I think [name]Hugo[/name] is a fine name and wonder when/if it will start to become more popular here. [name]Hugo[/name] was considered as the name for two of my grandsons, but not chosen, while a grandson from another family is named [name]Alexander[/name].

I want to add that while [name]Elliot[/name] is a very nice name, I wouldn’t recommend it because of its similarity to the very popular girls’ given name or nickname [name]Ellie[/name]. SSA 2008 baby names ranks [name]Ellie[/name] at #167, but I think the name is far more popular than that. I’ve heard of several different names – [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], etc. – that were given to daughters just so “[name]Ellie[/name]” would be the nickname. [name]Ella[/name] is #20, and I counted 17 other girls’ names beginning with ‘[name]El[/name]’ in the Top 1000 names. I’ve even heard of [name]Elliot[/name] used as a girls’ name, although it has yet to make the SSA Top 1000 girls’ names. I know of one boy called [name]Elliott[/name] (age 8), and his parents sometimes do call him [name]Elly[/name] (not sure how they spell the nn). I think [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] (even though some girls have the nn [name]Alex[/name]) and [name]Max[/name] sound more strongly masculine than [name]Elliot[/name].

[name]Ellen[/name] made some really great points about [name]Elliot[/name]. It’s still a boys’ names to me (the Elliots I know go by [name]Eli[/name], not [name]Ellie[/name]), but I’ve also heard [name]Elliot[/name] on two girls, and I’m guessing more will follow because of the lead female character, [name]Eliot[/name], on Scrubs. :frowning: I love the sound of [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Jansen[/name], though!

I agree that [name]Hugo[/name] is a great name!

What about taking two of your favorites and using them as a first and middle, such as [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]? I think that’s really handsome!

Good luck! :slight_smile: