Husband and I have OPPOSITE taste in names! Help me find something we can agree on

Ack. I need some help. We are TTC and have decided to share some name lists with each other to get a head start on the naming process (what can I say? I like staying on top of the game). Well, as it turns out, we are both vetoing pretty much everything on the other’s list.

We had no problem at all choosing a boy name - [name]Lex[/name] - but the girl names are driving me nuts!

My taste leans toward spunky/short first names paired with classic middle names (or possibly vice-versa). My daughter is [name]Mia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] for example (back before [name]Mia[/name] was so popular – she was born in 2001), and I’d love to continue that theme without being “theme-y” with a sibling.

My husband seems to prefer super-classic, traditional names that just don’t do anything for me.

MY list includes:

[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Millie[/name] / [name]Milly[/name] (maybe [name]Camilla[/name] nn [name]Millie[/name])
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name] (pronounced [name]LEW[/name]-sha)
[name]Scarlett[/name] (would it be weird to be a [name]Scarlett[/name] without red hair, though?)

while HIS list looks like this:

[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Jezebel[/name] (I thought he was kidding, but no)
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]

While some of the names he’s chosen are lovely, I find them a bit sweet and dainty, with the possible exception of [name]Olivia[/name], although it is extremely popular and I’d like something unique.

We tentatively agreed on [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Lux[/name] (last name sounds like “[name]Baker[/name]”), although I am really having reservations about it (due to the popularity of [name]Olivia[/name]). In looking at these two lists, can anyone help find a name that might satisfy both of our tastes before I go completely crazy?

Why not [name]Aurora[/name] with the nickname [name]Rory[/name]?

That’s true! I hadn’t thought of that. Definitely a possibility - thanks :slight_smile:

[name]Zoe[/name]/y
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]

I lOVE [name]Elise[/name] and [name]Nora[/name]! [name]Claire[/name] is my name, so I don’t want to go down that road, LOL! Great suggestions – that’s why I came here :smiley: