Husband and I just can't decide!

I’m really in need of some help. I am due to have our second child, a boy, soon but my husband and I are in love with two different names. I have always loved [name]Jacob[/name] and he has always loved [name]Levi[/name]. I’d like to compromise since our daughter’s name, [name]Grace[/name], was my idea. He has said he feels like he doesn’t get a say in the name…

While I don’t hate the name [name]Levi[/name], I’m just not sure about it. I have never known anyone named [name]Levi[/name]. I like that is from the Old Testament, but so is [name]Jacob[/name].

What do you think of this name? Is it too “country”? Is it too uncommon? And what about [name]Jacob[/name]? Has that name become too common? Any thoughts on either name would really help. [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Keith[/name], or [name]Levi[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]?

I personally really like [name]Levi[/name] [name]Anderson[/name].

[name]Jacob[/name], to me, feels much more generic - I knew five Jacobs growing up, and zero Levis. [name]Levi[/name] is also peppier, more lively of a name. [name]Jacob[/name] is of course a very handsome name, but [name]Levi[/name] gets my vote.

I would go with [name]Levi[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]–what a handsome name! [name]Levi[/name], believe it or not, was #117 on the most popular boy’s names list in 2008, so it will probably become more popular. [name]Jacob[/name] is way too common nowadays.

Ditto!

I like [name]Jacob[/name] much better and its nn’s. I feel [name]Levi[/name] suits a Jewish boy better.

I love [name]Levi[/name] – [name]Jacob[/name] is super commonplace and downright bland to my ears.

[name]Levi[/name] is becoming more popular but I love it nevertheless.

Maybe you should consider letting your husband name his son since you named your daughter. I’ll bet that would be a pretty special gift to give both your husband and your son!

what about [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Levi[/name]. That sounds nice

So, [name]Jacob[/name] (I’m sure you know) was number one for about 12 years. I wouldn’t call it a “popular” name so much as I would call it a Classic name. It’s like [name]Michael[/name] and [name]David[/name], they will never go out of style, but you are sure to have one or two others in your school class with the same name.
[name]Levi[/name], like someone else said is actally quite popular (ranking in the 130 area for 2009 names). It’s also a nice name that isn’t trendy, but still popular.
I think as far as these two names go, they are both nice sounding and normal names that you can’t really go wrong with (and bible names). Maybe just wait to see what the baby looks like, already having in mind what a [name]Jacob[/name] would look like and a [name]Levi[/name] would look like.

I prefer [name]Levi[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]

[name]Jacob[/name] is so popular. I see Jacobs everywhere around here…
[name]Levi[/name] is getting popular, but I don’t see it getting as popular as [name]Jacob[/name] is and was

I wanted to thank everyone who has posted a comment so far.

I think we will go with [name]Levi[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]. I do like the name I just hadn’t heard it that often and was worried that it was too uncommon. Now I see it’s not uncommon at all. I have loved the name [name]Jacob[/name] since I was 5 years old, after family friends gave that name to their son. But that was in the early 70’s and, you are all correct, the name has become too common place. Yesterday I had my daughter at the doctors for a check up and while waiting to be called back I heard them call 3 Jacobs…in a 20 minute span of time.

I still welcome any comments. Thank you.

Wow, 3 Jacobs in 20 minutes! That’s a lot. I’m glad you chose [name]Levi[/name] [name]Anderson[/name]…I really like it!

I love, love [name]Levi[/name] and would of used it if it wasn’t too similiar to my [name]Eva[/name]. It’s kinda rustic, but in a good way. [name]Jacob[/name] is way over overused here.

I much prefer [name]Jacob[/name]- [name]Jake[/name] is cute!