Husband cant see past 2 syllable names

[name]Hi[/name]!

So Im coming to the realization that my husband hates all names, regardless of what they are if they contain more than two syllables. He comes from a family of nicknames as names, and im a little discouraged that my three/four syllable suggestions are being vetoed so quickly without consideration for their amazing one or two syllable nickname possibilities.

To give you an idea of our taste our boy names on the short list right now are [name]Ezra[/name], and [name]Isaac[/name]. (two syllables!)

Girls are where we havent found common ground…

I like names like:
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]

Where he is all about:
[name]Zoe[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]

I dont hate his suggestions Im just not sold. So what im hoping for help on is finding more short two syllable suggestions for girls or boys, maybe there will something we can both agree on.

FYI, we are due in [name]November[/name] and have not found out sex yet.

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

I came to the same realization with my husband! He has never approved a name more than 2 syllables unless it’s really short (like [name]Aria[/name] – and he was very hesitant to say it was okay).

I don’t really have any suggestions for boys… Our tastes are pretty different.

Here’s the 2 syllable girl names on our list:
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Gia[/name]
[name]Hallie[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Journey[/name]
[name]Lena[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Zanna[/name]

Some two-syllable names that seem a little more substantial…

[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Delia[/name] (OK, I know these last are really 3 syllables, but they sound like 2 to me!)

I think you should keep a list that has options you like and then options he likes. and update it every now and again. And then wait until the birth because i bet good money that as soon as you and hubby meet the little one then you will know exaclty what suits them and then the whole syllable disagreement wont really come into it. :slight_smile: