Husband creates boy name poll on wife's account.. please vote!

See the results of this poll: which is your favorite boys name!?! you can mix and match in comments…

Respondents: 163 (This poll is closed)

• Levi Walker Gross : 79 (48%)
  • Luke Edward Gross : 35 (21%)
  • Leland Ryan Gross : 20 (12%)
  • Colton Wayne Gross : 10 (6%)
  • George Seron Gross: 19 (12%)

I was stuck between [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] and [name_m]George[/name_m] Seron but the K in [name_u]Walker[/name_u] is slightly tricky to say with your surname.

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] flows well and sounds good with your last name, plus [name_m]Levi[/name_m] is such a handsome name!

Great names. Ultimately, I voted for [name_u]Leland[/name_u] for its unique charm but un-obscure tone. [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_m]George[/name_m], and [name_m]Luke[/name_m] seem so over-used lately, and [name_m]Colton[/name_m] just doesn’t resonate.

Good luck!

I love the [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_m]Levi[/name_m] and [name_m]George[/name_m] combinations. All the names have classic, handsome strength. I voted for [name_m]Luke[/name_m] as it’s always been a favourite of mine and I rarely see it. I like [name_u]Leland[/name_u] and [name_m]Colton[/name_m] far less. [name_m]Colton[/name_m] seems to be trendy and lacks substance, and [name_u]Leland[/name_u] sounds too much like a last name for my taste.

Best of luck! You have a great list!

I voted for [name_m]Colton[/name_m]! I love the name, its a strong sounding name that works great as a child and in adulthood, and the nn options of [name_m]Cole[/name_m]/[name_m]Colt[/name_m] is great!

I voted for [name_m]Levi[/name_m], but I was torn between [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] & [name_m]George[/name_m] Seron

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m], with [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] as a close second. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are really handsome, but [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is just one of my very favorites. Would it be [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m], or just [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]?

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry! It’s nice to have a rare male point-of-view! :slight_smile: Here are my thoughts on your combos.

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] - this combo flows well together but with your surname, it sounds like an awkward sentence (eg. your [name_m]Levi[/name_m] jeans “walk her” and it’s gross! :slight_smile: Since we don’t often use our mn, I can overlook it!
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] - I like both names but [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is too abrupt and harsh with your surname. Gross needs a two-syllable or more first name.
[name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] - I like [name_u]Leland[/name_u] as it “softens” your last name.
[name_m]Colton[/name_m] [name_m]Wayne[/name_m] - too comboyish with Gross.
[name_m]George[/name_m] Seron - I like the name but [name_m]George[/name_m] has the same problem that [name_m]Luke[/name_m] does. [name_f]One[/name_f] syllable and too harsh.

Faves: [name_m]Levi[/name_m] and [name_u]Leland[/name_u]. [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] or [name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_m]George[/name_m] would be great combos too!

Althought i prefer [name_m]Edward[/name_m] as a first name i love [name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] as a combo .

[name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] gets my vote!

This is [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]… My husband actually went out of town for a few days, but I know he will be excited to read all your comments when he returns. I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] all the feedback. My husband came up with [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] the other night right before we fell asleep. I really really like the suggestion of [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m] or [name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_m]George[/name_m]. thanks, again. I really appreciate having your opinions and having a husband who thinks this can be fun!! lol

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u] Gross- voted for this. [name_m]Levi[/name_m] is a cool enough name to balance the Gross surname. [name_u]Walker[/name_u] adds some nice swagger.
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] Gross- love these 3 together, almost voted for it, but it spell L E G, which isn’t a bad thing, but I dislike initials that spell words unless they’re beautiful words.
[name_m]George[/name_m] Seron Gross- the other I debated, ultimately decided Gross needed a “cooler” name, even though I personally love the charm of [name_m]George[/name_m], lots wouldn’t appreciate it.

While I liked (and voted for) [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]Walker[/name_u], I feel like the flow is off between [name_u]Walker[/name_u] and Gross which is unfortunate. The same goes with [name_m]Luke[/name_m], which is even more important to consider due to it being a first rather than a (usually) rarely written let alone said out loud middle.

I’m not sure what Seron is (whether it has significance to you or anything), but I thought I’d mention [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. [name_m]George[/name_m] [name_m]Soren[/name_m] I would very much like the look (and sound) of.

If I could mix-and-match I’d go with [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] Gross (or if [name_m]Soren[/name_m] instead of Seron, [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Soren[/name_m] Gross).

Seron is my husband’s grandfather’s middle name. I assume it was a surname passed down, but I do not know the meaning. Unfortunately, I have a bad association with [name_m]Soren[/name_m] that I do not think I will able to get past. I have only known one [name_m]Soren[/name_m], and he happened to be a child I nannied for that was poorly behaved and hard to manage.

This is [name_f]Rachel[/name_f]…thank you for the feedback. My dad and brother have initials that spell “bed”… I have been avoiding [name_m]Edward[/name_m] for this reason, but I may make an exception because I adore it. I simply do not know if I will be able to budge on [name_u]Leland[/name_u] for our first boy. It is extremely meaningful to me. It is my late grandfather’s name. What name do you think goes well with [name_u]Leland[/name_u]? I wonder if it would have gathered more votes with a different middle name? I really liked a PP’s suggestion of [name_u]Leland[/name_u] [name_m]George[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], and [name_m]Colton[/name_m] in that order.

Is there significance to the middles or are they interchangeable?

[name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_m]Colton[/name_m] Gross would be lovely!

I think a multiple syllable first name is the way to go, especially with such a distinct one syllable last name. I love the name [name_m]Luke[/name_m], but I have to admit we called my friend, [name_m]Luke[/name_m], Puke in high school. Good naturedly of course. With the last name Gross, that might cause some extra problems

thank you so much for the input, the middles are interchangeable… all but [name_m]Wayne[/name_m] and [name_u]Walker[/name_u] are family names for the middles. [name_u]Leland[/name_u] and [name_m]George[/name_m] are also family names.

[name_u]Leland[/name_u] sounds best in terms of rhythm, flow, and appeal.