Husband is tired of middle-name discussion

My husband and I love the name [name]North[/name] for a boy, but are stuck on middle names. Our last name is Gilbertson, and we already have a son named [name]Luke[/name]. The one middle name we like is [name]Xavier[/name] ([name]North[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] Gilbertson), but I’m wondering if [name]Xavier[/name] is too popular or syllabic. Would love any suggestions or feedback. Thanks!

To be honest [name]North[/name] is a tough name for me to get on board with as a first name. Not sure that it goes that well with [name]Luke[/name]. Can you use it for a middle name?

As for [name]Xavier[/name] - I don’t think it’s all that common. Again, not sure it goes with [name]Luke[/name].

Sorry I’m not much help but I just can’t see [name]North[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] or [name]Xavier[/name] and [name]Luke[/name] as brothers.

When in doubt, pick a name from the family.

While I like the name [name]Xavier[/name] a lot, and don’t think it is too popular, I do think that [name]North[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] Gilbertson is a bit of a mouthful, and honestly looks like the name of a train or shipping company, not a person!!

But I really like the name [name]North[/name]! BUT there’s always a chance he might not so it never hurts to pair a more unconventional first name with a more traditional middle name, to give him options through life.

I have NO idea what your style is so here’s some random suggestions:

[name]North[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] Kainoa Gilbertson (ok, so Kainoa may only be traditional here in [name]Hawaii[/name] but I love this name)
[name]North[/name] [name]Kyle[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] [name]Phillip[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] [name]Dylan[/name] Gilbertson
[name]North[/name] [name]Milo[/name] Gilbertson

I think a 2 syllable name that starts with “A” or “E” sounds best. So:

[name]North[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]August[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Adams[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Aaron[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Amos[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Eric[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Enzo[/name]

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]North[/name]. Such a classy sounding name to me! I agree with pp that [name]North[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] is a mouthful. On another thread I think you said you were Italian so I have included a few Latinate names in my suggestions.

[name]North[/name] [name]Anselm[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Basil[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Lysander[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Enrico[/name]
[name]North[/name] [name]Gian[/name]

GL!
T