Husband like Vivian...

My sister went to a birthday party for the daughter of her friend and she told me that the girl’s name is [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. I like the name well enough, but seeing it on an actual girl made the name for likeable to me. Anyhow, I brought it up to my husband and was surprised to find he loves the name. So, taking that info and moving forward…

WDYT of the name? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] or [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] (I slightly prefer the latter)? What sort of middle name works best with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] (style-wise)?

Lastly, what do you think of these combos I’ve been mulling around for a little while? I have no clue where to go with middles, so these probably suck.

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Alena[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_u]Shay[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Emily[/name_f] (DH really mentioned liking [name_f]Emily[/name_f] when we first got together)
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] ([name_f]Beth[/name_f] is [name_f]MIL[/name_f]'s and DH’s late grandmother’s middle name)

Thanks, Berries!

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] are two different names, in my opinion, with slightly different pronunciations. I adore both.

My favorite combo from the ones you listed is [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. You might like [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f].

@lovemysweeties: Thanks so much for the feedback! The [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] vs. [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] thing is exactly what was on my mind and why I hesitate :confused: out of curiosity, how to you pronounce each name? I do like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] with these names! I’ll have to add that to the list! Thank you!

You are most welcome.

I go back and fourth which one I adore more. Actually I would probably go with [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] because I think that would be the pronunciation people would say here (US).

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] - viv-ee-ən
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] - vi-ve-ehn

BTW I also adore Vie and [name_f]Vivi[/name_f].

For me, [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] and [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] are two different names, as well. When I say [name_u]Vivian[/name_u], it comes out most like [name_f]VIV[/name_f]-ee-in. If I’m saying [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f], it’s either viv-ee-EN or viv-YENN (which I think is the closest to the actual [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation, though I could be wrong).

That being said, I prefer [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f] both visually and aurally.

I prefer the spelling and pronunciation of [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]. I just get a more eccentric vibe from that then [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. For middle names I like the way [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] go together.