Husbands ideas for baby #3

My husband has actually suggested some names this time around, but there are a few that I just can’t make up my mind about.

Declan [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Riley[/name_u] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

What are your take on these names, and what do you think of them individually as a sibling to [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]?

Thanks!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]Declan[/name_u] work best with sibling names! Super cute! I like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] too but I don’t think it matches as well!

I actually really like [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] with the other two x

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u]. I especially like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], it has the same sleek feel as his siblings’ names.

1 Like

Vincent feels absolutely perfect! :heart_eyes: A third strong, fresh, not overused classic.

2 Likes

Style-wise I like [name_u]Elias[/name_u] best with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but it might be too close to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] with the same initial sound. [name_u]James[/name_u] is next up to go with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], although I also like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and they would be nice too.

Declan seems really popular on these forums but I just don’t love the sound. Also, shares an initial with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] so… meh?

Elias is sweet and goes well with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] but shares an initial with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

Finn sounds like more of a nickname to me but is cute and fun. Seems more casual than [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

James is such a sweet and strong name! I think it goes well D & E.

Riley is sort of the same as [name_u]Finn[/name_u], it seems more causal than D & E.

Rowan is a cool name, but such a different style from D & E.

Vincent is another sweet and strong name. Reminds me of van Gogh so also feels artistic. I think it goes well D & E.

My favorites are [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], and [name_u]Elias[/name_u] with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

Vincent is handsome and solid, also works very well with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], and [name_u]James[/name_u] are all wonderful names that sound great with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_u]Declan[/name_u] and [name_u]Elias[/name_u] are also nice, but I think they sound too matchy/close with one of the siblings ([name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_u]Elias[/name_u]/Declan and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]). On the other hand, [name_u]Riley[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are also nice names but they feel a bit more stylistically different, although I don’t think unusably so.

Declan is handsome and quirky

Elias is sleek and lovely but a bit close to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

Finn is sweet and versatile

James is okay and a safe choice with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

Riley is sweet and modern

Rowan is warm and sweet

Vincent is sleek and artistic

Hi there.

Daniel & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are just lovely.

Here are my thoughts on the list-

Declan-Individually, I love [name_u]Declan[/name_u]. I have a little nephew named this, & he fits the name perfectly. It’s clever, interesting, sporty & lovable. It’s not the first name that I’d pair w/the more classic [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but I don’t think that it clashes.

Elias-This is a great name. It’s a slightly quirkier classic biblical name. I really like it w/Daniel, but I think it may be kind of close to [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]? Maybe not.

Finn-Same as [name_u]Declan[/name_u], actually. I love it, & it gives me a similar vibe as [name_u]Declan[/name_u]. It doesn’t clash at all w/Daniel & [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but is a slightly different style. Mainly w/Daniel. I actually kind of love it w/Eleanor.

James-Ooh, this is nice. Smart, friendly & classic. Fairly popular if that bothers you. It works well w/your crew.

Riley-I personally like it, but it’s so popular & trendy for girls, I’d be worried to use it for a boy.

Rowan-Very handsome. Has the same Irish feeling as [name_u]Declan[/name_u] & [name_u]Finn[/name_u], but I think it’s a little more outdoorsy & sensitive/gentle guy feeling. I like it for you.

Vincent-This fits in pretty well. It’s maybe my least favorite from the list, because it just has that slight mob guy vibe. But it’s a good solid name.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Elias fits most consistently.
Your kids are:

• daniEL
  • ELeanor

ELias would match them really well!

I think [name_u]James[/name_u] works with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. Classic and handsome!

1 Like

Daniel, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and …

Declan is a good name, but I dislike name alliteration so I wouldn’t pick it myself.

Finn doesn’t seem complete to me, but I like [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and [name_m]Finnian[/name_m].

James is actually the name most in line with the style of your children’s names and is a good one.

Riley is very dissimilar to the names you already have used.

Rowan, [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]… seems OK.

Vincent seems OK too.

I agree with the love for [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. It works really well and it deserves a comeback.

1 Like

[name_u]Declan[/name_u] and [name_u]Elias[/name_u] are lovely but too close to [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

[name_u]James[/name_u] if a fine choice but I think you could do better (maybe you could use it in the middle spot?)

[name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Riley[/name_u] don’t seem to match stylistically but if you out them together… I would suggest [name_u]Finley[/name_u] which I personally think is a perfect fit. [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u].

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is one of my favorite names but doesn’t seem to quite match the classic feel of [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].

I would suggest [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] :slight_smile:

Oh and I have a bad association with Vincent so can’t really comment on it!

James seems like the best match to me with [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], but depending on your country could be a lot more popular than the other two. (It’s 21st in [name_f]England[/name_f] which matches [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] at 52 and [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] at 40 quite well - in US [name_u]James[/name_u] is 6, [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] 15 and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] 27 so similar there too, possibly more so). I don’t think the commonality of [name_u]James[/name_u] is a strike against it particularly, though I know others here think it overdone.

Other than that, I do think [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] matches well and I also wouldn’t be too surprised at an [name_u]Elias[/name_u] or [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] with the other two names.

I think [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds the best with your other children’s names. It’s a classic like your other children’s names. Closely followed by [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]. I think the other choices would be somewhat unexpected and a bit mis matched.
I think [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] or [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds very handsome.

Daniel, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_u]James[/name_u] would be perfect together – they’re all timeless classics that aren’t overly popular. I also like [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]!

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] with your kids!!

1 Like