Husbands pick ”

See the results of this poll: Which spelling

Respondents: 95 (This poll is closed)

• Tessa Vale : 80 (84%)
  • Tessa Vail: 15 (16%)

I think [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] looks more complete and better balanced, and I prefer this spelling of the name, but the i in [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_m]Vail[/name_m] brings something sort of spunkier, in contrast to serene [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. Which I do prefer, just to clarify. I think the smooth sound complements [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] very well. Are you thinking of switching from [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]?

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is beautiful!

Yes we were set on [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] - I like the flow and the spunk but neither of us were wowed. We wanted something more uncommon.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is beautiful!

I would definitely go with [name_u]Vale[/name_u]! I think it’s just more visually appealing, for starters, and [name_m]Vail[/name_m] makes me think of veil, as in hiding something, whereas [name_u]Vale[/name_u] means valley and also looks (though doesn’t sound) like the Latin phrase that literally means “be well/strong!” which I think is a pretty cool sentiment to have in a middle name. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is beautiful! It’s a peaceful, tranquil name but it has some backbone too.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. I liked several of your [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] combos but this is by far my favorite. So sweet and spunky.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is gorgeous :slight_smile:

I agree with the others–[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is fantastic! I’m not keen on the [name_m]Vail[/name_m] spelling, but I didn’t figure out why until someone pointed out the “veil” thing.

Pretty name! I think [name_u]Vale[/name_u] looks nicer and is a more intuitive pronunciation. [name_m]Vail[/name_m] looks a bit like “vial” (and also “veil”).

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is awesome! I also love [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] seems to work better, it’s a lovely name!!

I prefer [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. It seems serene, sophisticated, and well balanced

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback :slight_smile:

Stunning name! [name_u]Vale[/name_u] is definitely my favourite spelling :slight_smile:

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] by a mile - absolutely gorgeous combo!

As a previous poster mentioned, [name_u]Vale[/name_u] has the nature/valley connotation that is just stunning. [name_m]Vail[/name_m] looks a bit like several other less appealing words (veil, vile, vial) and also reminds me specifically of the place/ski resort.

I prefer it spelled [name_u]Vale[/name_u]. [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], & [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] [name_f]Nell[/name_f] are nice too.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it, congrats!!