Husband's suggestion?

My husband has suggested [name]Roman[/name] for a boy (we don’t know what sex bub is).

Honest opinions please on what thoughts come to mind regarding this name.

Thank you.

I think it is a handsome name.

I agree with [name]Rollo[/name], [name]Roman[/name] is a handsome name. I also feel it is strong and independent.

[name]Roman[/name] is one of my favorites. It’s strong, handsome, unique but not too out there, and slightly romantic :slight_smile:

Agreed with all the above! Very handsome and strong.

Your husband may also like [name]Ronan[/name] or [name]Rowan[/name]!

Good luck!

Thank you for your replies.

Does anyone think of a TV soap character when they think of this name?

I immediately think of the disgraced director [name]Roman[/name] Polanski, and for me that’s not a positive association! [name]Ronan[/name] is a lovely, classic alternative that your DH may like?

A more important question is, do you think of the TV soap character? It sounds like perhaps you are not confident in this name choice – and I think it is your opinion and not ours that matters most. After all, I will not have to live with a little [name]Roman[/name] day in and day out and you might.

I like it! Its very popular in the french speaking part of switzerland right now (granted a niche, but thought that might interest you :slight_smile:

I love it! [name]Roman[/name] is a strong, handsome, masculine name. I do not think of a soap opera character with this name.

Thanks again for your replies. I’m enjoying reading the opinions both good and not so good.
I like [name]Roman[/name] but don’t love it (yet). I’m hoping it will grow on me as I really want my husband to have some choice in the name. I chose our eldest son’s name and have picked the name if we have a girl.
Thankfully bub does not arrive until [name]June[/name] so there is still time to decide:)
More comments are welcome!

I like [name]Roman[/name].