Hyphenated first names??

What are your thoughts on hyphenated first names? [name]Do[/name] the hyphens cause problems in life (on paperwork, etc.)? Does it look ridiculous? Or are they ok as long as it’s not [name]Billy[/name]-[name]Bob[/name]?

I like double first names, though I don’t necessarily like the use of the hyphen. For instance, I prefer [name]Mary[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] to [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Margaret[/name]. Also, omitting the hyphen may sidestep any potential paperwork issues. I know several people with double names and I have never heard that they had any kind of problem. I prefer double names for girls, but have known a few that worked well for boys-[name]John[/name] [name]Michael[/name], [name]John[/name] [name]David[/name], [name]Roy[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], etc.

I don’t like them. There’s nothing wrong with them, it’s just not my personal taste. My cousin has a double first name with a hyphen and it causes her a few problems, but it’s more with individual people only saying the first name and spelling it wrong than paperwork problems. I actually don’t know of any time she’s ever had a problem with paperwork.

Personally, I don’t like them. But I don’t like double first names either.