Hypothetical Sibset

Hey!

First time posting here, but I’ve been into names for a long time (Whether I liked the names in a book influenced how I rated the book’s overall value. Name-snob, much?). Also, I’m not looking to have children anytime soon, I was just wondering…

As of right now, I’m really loving siblings:

[name]Aidan[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Loraine[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you think the first two are too matchy-matchy when put with the third (both starting with A and rhyming middle names) or would it work? I’m kind of loving the refreshed names [name]Aidan[/name], [name]Abigail[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] (by the way, none of these are anywhere near super popular in the places I’ve been.) with the slightly more dated [name]James[/name], [name]Loraine[/name], and [name]Blythe[/name].

[name]Aidan[/name] is a name I’ve loved for quite awhile, especially paired with [name]James[/name] and the fact that it nods to my Irish heritage. [name]James[/name] has always been my favorite boy name, but I’ve recently found I prefer it as a middle name (ex. [name]Brenton[/name] [name]James[/name]).

[name]Abigail[/name] is another life-long love of mine - when I found out I was going to have a little sibling, I immediately decided I wanted to name him/her [name]Abigail[/name] (I think after one of the ducks in Aristocats). When said baby turned out to be a boy, I continued to insist I would call him [name]Abigail[/name]. This lasted for about 3 weeks, but, in my defense, I was only 4, and at the time many more things were there to catch my attention. [name]Loraine[/name] is my grandmother’s name (she was one of my best friends and recently passed away from breast cancer after 27 years) and is a name I love on its own anyway.

[name]Eleanor[/name] has always kind of “glimmered” at me, but I never seriously considered it until recently. And [name]Blythe[/name], I’m not ashamed to admit, was snagged from the [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables series. Absolute love. I don’t think I could ever use it as a first name, because it always seems like an adjective there, but as a middle name, it’s fantastic.

So. Comments? (Negative or Positive) Suggestions?

[name]Aidan[/name] [name]James[/name] - I like this combo but unfortunately the Irish saint name [name]Aidan[/name] has rocketed up the charts at an alarming speed. It also has all sorts of spellings (eg [name]Aiden[/name], [name]Ayden[/name], [name]Aydon[/name]) which makes my Irish spirit cringe when I see them. On top of it all, it’s now being chosen for girls.
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Loraine[/name] - [name]Abigail[/name] is one of my fave names in the Bible. It is popular but it could never be trendy because it’s timeless.
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] - This is very pretty. [name]Eleanor[/name] is classic and elegant and has great nn options of [name]Nell[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name].
I prefer siblings to have different initials myself. I think [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] are wonderful together but [name]Aidan[/name] seems like the odd one out. [name]Aidan[/name], although an old name, seems more contemporary and trendy while the other two have a vintage quality. [name]Hope[/name] you’ll get to use the names in the future. Regards, [name]Mischa[/name].

On the other hand, what do you think about:

[name]James[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] nn “[name]Jem[/name]”
Or
[name]James[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] nn “[name]Jay[/name]”

The nicknames I’ve suggested, of course, are only speculative. I might be too in love with the full names to use nicknames! Now that I think about it, I think those would go MUCH better style-wise. Does [name]James[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] have too much of an “ess” sound to it? [name]Love[/name] love loving [name]James[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] right now!

(I guess [name]Aidan[/name] will just have to be a guilty pleasure). And yes, I absolutely detest the spelling variations of [name]Aidan[/name]…

Thanks for your input!

Either [name]James[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] or [name]James[/name] [name]Wesley[/name] would work with [name]Abigail[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name].