Hypothetical sister names for Amaryllis and Rowena

We have two solid favorites for the girlies now, which is awesome. :slight_smile: They are [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]) and [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (possible nn Amary or [name_f]Amy[/name_f]).

I’m just a little worried that it’d be really, really hard to find fitting (but not matchy) names for siblings in the future. What would you name a little sister of these two?

We like:

• nickname potential
  • distinct beginnings/endings/sounds for each child
  • things that are relatively easy to spell and pronounce, either because they’re established English words (like [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]) or just fairly straightforward (like [name_f]Rowena[/name_f])
  • mountains and forests and rivers, mythology, storybook gardens, sparkliness. [name_m]Christian[/name_m]/saintly namesakes are very much okay, too.

We don’t really feel comfortable using names from cultures that we have no connection to, no matter how beautiful they are- this rules out Italian, [name_f]Asian[/name_f], African, Native American, and Spanish names.

Thank you! :slight_smile: [name_m]Even[/name_m] just a few possibilities would really put my mind to rest. Nothing on my list seems to work right now.

[name_f]Rowena[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (winnie), [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (amary or amy), & ____ _____:

[name_u]Dominique[/name_u] ~mini, niqi*nikki, micqi, etc

[name_f]Olympia[/name_f] ~olli, opal

[name_f]Atlanta[/name_f] ~attie, atlas, anna, annie, laney, etc

[name_f]Laurette[/name_f] ~lauri, etta, rett, aura

[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] ~elsi, elsa, elle, ellie, ella, seth

[name_u]Gemini[/name_u] -gemma, minni, gem

[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] -zandie, zandra, lex, zandi-quinn

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] -attie, asha(aw-sha), austin(stems from augustine)

[name_f]Cambria[/name_f] -cambri, cami, bree

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] -wren, lane, laney, renee, rhys

[name_f]Jessamyn[/name_f] - nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u]/[name_u]Jemmie[/name_u]

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] - [name_m]Iggy[/name_m]?

[name_f]Twyla[/name_f] – nn Twisp?

[name_f]Jewell[/name_f]

[name_f]Lovisa[/name_f] – nn [name_f]Lovey[/name_f]?

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] & [name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f] together a lot…they sound spunky and modern yet at the same time clunky and retro! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] you find something you like just as much to pair with them:)