Hypothetical Twin Names

Probably insane, but as we’re starting to actively try for our 2nd child I’ve had many dreams that it’s gonna be twins (terrifying for me, but not unheard of in my family) so I’m just thinking okay if it is, what names? I have most combos decided, but in the case of G/G, I’m not sure.

The decided name would be [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] and I’m considering [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u] for the 2nd. [name_f]Opal[/name_f], is just a name my husband and I can agree on and I like the nickname [name_f]Polly[/name_f] with it, I also love the name [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] so I just like the idea of being able to work “Anna” in to the middle and I thought [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] would be a minor nod to the first’s middle, [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]. [name_u]Rose[/name_u] would relate to my middle name as all of our kids have names relating to family and frankly running out of women worthy of honoring. (Not trying to sound conceited, but I am the mother so that’s a better option than someone I have negative feelings about, plus [name_u]Rose[/name_u] is just a pleasant name.)

Though my one issue with it is [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] end in L so it sounds maybe a bit clunky? I also like [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] but it’s a similar problem to [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. Thoughts?

1 Like

I like what you’re doing with name sounds here. I feel like that a close in that they vibe. First, middle, second middle.

I think they are beautiful pairing…. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] too. Maybe say them loud in your house together to test it hah?

3 Likes

Omg congrats!

I love the names [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] as twins. I love how they are both beautiful names yet are different and still go perfectly together. Honestly I don’t think the L in [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] is much of an issue and I do prefer [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u] over [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u]. I don’t know, I think [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] looks less messy in between [name_f]Opal[/name_f] and [name_u]Rose[/name_u] than [name_f]Annalise[/name_f]. I love what you are doing with the connection between [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and how they are similar yet they differ distinctly, a subtle touch between the girl’s connection as twins.
However, [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] still looks beautiful.

2 Likes

[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u] is gorgeous! [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Rose[/name_u] would be lovely too!

I don’t find the flow of [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] awkward at all and I love [name_f]Polly[/name_f] as a nickname option (especially because if I remember right you were considering [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] for the other twin and [name_f]Polly[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] together is just outrageously cute). It pairs very well with [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] and I like that they match a bit but its subtle since almost all the similarities are in the middles.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have even thought of [name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] sounding clunky. [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] would be so cute. The nickname [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] is so clever.

The only thing that worries me is, have I been using “hypothetical” in the wrong context. I’ve been using it as a word for “fake”, or “imaginary”.

I think they’re fine together!

It does mean imaginary in a sense, just an imagine possibility, so could happen or not, my not pregnant yet ive just been having weird twinny dreams and coincidences that feel a lot like a premonition but who knows as of rn

1 Like

Thanks