I can't edit my post

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

I can’t seem to edit a post I made, even though I’d edited it before. It’s from 9 days ago (so not part of the older posts problem)… What can I do?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @meggeh,

The first time you edited it, was it pretty much as soon as you’d posted it?

I can see that you’re currently at [name_u]Trust[/name_u] Level 1, which means that you are able to edit your posts for 24 hours after creation.

The next level up (TL2) just requires you to have visited the site for a few more days. Once you are promoted to TL2, you will be able to edit your posts for 30 days after creation.

If the edit is important, you can PM me the details and I can do it for you on this occasion.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps :slight_smile:

Thank you! I assumed it was something like that but couldn’t find any info on levels or anything. :slight_smile:

Here’s a helpful guide. I’ve tweaked a couple of these thresholds to ensure people can post and like other posts as much as they want even as a new user, but this is a good general overview.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @Sarah1989 ,

It’s possible that it’s too long ago for you to be able to edit, but I should be able to do it for you if you’d like to PM me the link and the edits you’d like made.

@Sarah1989

I think you’re still on [name_u]Trust[/name_u] Level 1 (see link above), which means that you aren’t yet able to edit posts after more than 24 hours.

The limits are set by the platform, not us, but if you’d really prefer to edit yourself then I can temporarily extend the limit to allow you to do that. [name_m]Just[/name_m] let me know.

Once you reach TL2 (again, details in the linked post above), you will be able to edit your own posts for 30 days.

Please try now @Sarah1989

@citrinemum I edited it for you :)

1 Like

Finding myself in the same boat, is there any way you could help me? Recently posted and you were actually one of the first to respond. Now I realize that upon googling our sons name my forum will be the first thing to show up and I would really love to avoid that :weary:

Would you like it deleted?

Oh goodness yes please!

1 Like