I could've been...

What names were your parents tossing around for you before you were born? [name]Do[/name] you like these names?

My dad wanted [name]Sylvia[/name], which I think is okaaay, but [name]Sylvie[/name] is more my taste. [name]Sylvia[/name] still seems a little old-ladyish, though I love its meaning (tree girl). My mom liked [name]Rory[/name]. I have a hard time picturing myself as a [name]Rory[/name]… it doesn’t really fit, but I still really like the name. She also thought about [name]Gabrielle[/name], which is much too trendy for my tastes. I wish it wasn’t; I think it is very pretty. [name]Beryl[/name] (don’t like it at all) was also an option. If I were a boy, I would have been [name]Sam[/name]. [name]Sam[/name] is cute, but [name]Samuel[/name] makes me barf (sorry guys!).

What about you?

In the “Talk About Names” area of the forum, there’s a thread called “Who Would You Be?” on the second page. It covers this topic, and it’s a fun read. :slight_smile:

Oops, sorry! Guess I need to do more research! Thanks [name]Jill[/name]!

No problem! :slight_smile: I was just guessing that people who already posted wouldn’t want to retell their stories, and I didn’t want you wondering why more people weren’t posting! :slight_smile: I enjoyed reading your “could’ve beens!”