I don't know where to start!

[name]Hi[/name] all! I am a long time Nameberry visitor but first time poster. I’ve recently started TTC and wanted to get a head start on names. I need your help to focus and pinpoint my style! I tend to gravitate towards unisex names, but I also like classic strong names. So, what are your thoughts on my list so far? And any ideas on more?

[name]Bellamy[/name] - love the nn [name]Bell[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] - I only like this name, but hubby LOVES it.
[name]Farren[/name] - love the sound of this one, but I’m not sure.
[name]Miriam[/name] - love the nn [name]Miri[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] - adore this name, but everyone always giggles “Scooby-Doo” Grr…
[name]Carlin[/name] - love the style
[name]Rowan[/name] - perfect unisex name, [name]IMO[/name].
[name]Ceres[/name] - new find, although the pronunciation scares me a bit.
[name]Meadow[/name] - huge Soprano’s fan, what can I say…
[name]Ayla[/name] - gorgeous, but scared of mispronunciations.

[name]Hi[/name] and welcome!

You have listed some vintage style names and some unisex names, therefore a mix of styles may suit you best eg

eg

[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Faye[/name] very whimsical and sweet
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Harper[/name]

[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]

[name]Stacey[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Finley[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]

[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

[name]Carys[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] nn [name]Cary[/name]
[name]Carys[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Carys[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Carys[/name] [name]Alexa[/name]

[name]Willow[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] nn [name]Will[/name]

[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name] [name]Faith[/name]

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]June[/name]

[name]Finley[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Bellamy[/name] - What a neat name! I really like this one.
[name]Cordelia[/name] - This is gorgeous.
[name]Farren[/name] - I like this one too. It would go well with [name]Bellamy[/name].
[name]Miriam[/name] - Cute, would go well with [name]Cordelia[/name].
[name]Daphne[/name] - I dont care for this but many people do like it.
[name]Carlin[/name] - eh, sounds like to much of a last name to me.
[name]Rowan[/name] - I love this but only on a boy. It mankes me sad to see it on girls.
[name]Ceres[/name] - I’m not sure how to pronounce this. I dont like the way it looks either.
[name]Meadow[/name] - Cute, might make a nice spunky mn. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]?
[name]Ayla[/name] - It this pronounced like [name]Isla[/name]? I prefer the spelling [name]Isla[/name].

You have a great naming style!

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Bellamy[/name] - I like [name]Belle[/name] as a nickname, too, but [name]Bellamy[/name] feels, well, off to me. I know many Berries like it, and I do like it, but it feels like a really cool surname, and I’m not sure I’d love it as a first name. You might like [name]MIRABELLE[/name] instead, as it gives you [name]Miri[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] as possible nicknames.

[name]Cordelia[/name] - This is a great vintage, classic! I do like it, but, like you, I’m not in love. It is the [name]COR[/name], I think, that get me. It sounds weird. But, then again, I like [name]Cornelia[/name] a bit for the [name]Nell[/name] nickname.

[name]Farren[/name] - I know a [name]Faren[/name]! I think this is a fresh, modern choice for a girl, and I do like it. Paired with a feminine middle name, you’ve got yourself a great start!

[name]Miriam[/name] - [name]Miriam[/name] is sweet, but it does sound a tad bit, well, dorky to me. And, it reminds me of, who is it?, [name]Moses[/name]’ sister in the Bible. Yes, that’s right…

[name]Daphne[/name] - I don’t think of [name]Daphne[/name] from Scooby Doo, I think of the mythological [name]Daphne[/name]. However, [name]Daphne[/name] feels slightly dated to me, well, not dated, but like it is best on a 50+ year-old woman, not a small child. I love it as a middle name, though!

[name]Carlin[/name] - Yes, this is a similar style to [name]Faren[/name]! Cool name, but I don’t like the trendy [name]Carly[/name] nickname. What about [name]CARDEN[/name]?

[name]Rowan[/name] - This is cute, but I see that many people prefer it on a boy. It is a nice, natural, strong name, though, and I really like it!

[name]Ceres[/name] - What a bold mythological choice! [name]Said[/name] SEER-eez, you might run into some issues, but that is how it is said! Another name you might like is [name]CERELIA[/name] [according to [name]Pam[/name], it is se-REEL-ya], which is related to [name]Ceres[/name], yet it has the accessible [name]Lia[/name] nickname! Pretty!

[name]Meadow[/name] - Oh, goodness! This reminds me of [name]Petal[/name], or [name]Blossom[/name], or [name]Rainbow[/name], or really any of [name]Jamie[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]‘s kids’ names! I’m not loving this at all for a first name, but it would make a cute middle name…

[name]Ayla[/name] - [name]Ayla[/name] is spunky, fresh, and girly, but it feels slightly trendy to me, even though it really isn’t. Like [name]Noah[/name] on the boys’ side, [name]Ayla[/name] is a name that I really have a hard time seeing on an adult woman, but it is pretty! And, it has a nice meaning, natural…

So, I’d encourage you to look into [name]Mirabelle[/name] and [name]Cerelia[/name], two beautiful names that would make beautiful pairings! You might like something like [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Cerelia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name], or [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Carlin[/name] and [name]Cerelia[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]!

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] do you say this, anyway? Is it with a long A like [name]Ava[/name], or is it the same as [name]Isla[/name]?

From your list my favourite favourites are

[name]Cordelia[/name] - I’ve always loved this one, and the nns [name]Cordy[/name] and [name]Cora[/name] are darling, too

[name]Farren[/name] - I knew a [name]Faryn[/name] when I was a little girl, and assuming they are pronounced the same way (fair-in?) I love it. I even named my first doll [name]Faryn[/name]!

[name]Miriam[/name] - beautiful. I also like the less-heard-of [name]Mariam[/name]

[name]Carlin[/name] - I know the SWEETEST baby [name]Carlin[/name] who goes by [name]Linny[/name] - I love it

[name]Rowan[/name] - love it on boys and girls. I agree with you, perfect unisex name

So those are my favourites, but I just thought I would mention that if you like [name]Ceres[/name] and are worried about pronunciation, you could go with [name]Sarice[/name], a Swiss variation of [name]Sarah[/name]

It is pronounced the same way, I believe (perhaps someone can confirm/refute that) and has less room for misinterpretations.

Hmm all your names are quite pretty! Siince you like [name]Carlin[/name], I was just wondering if you might like [name]Carling[/name]? I know a little grl with this name, and she is darling!

Thanks for all the feedback!

[name]Lemon[/name], I do like [name]Cerelia[/name]…but I kind of hear “cereal” when I say it out loud… [name]Mirabelle[/name] is really cute, I’ll add that to my list.

And I pronounce [name]Ayla[/name] like EYE-la, but I guess it could be pronounced with a strong A like [name]Ava[/name], A-la

Sunflower,

Oh, I see the “cereal” issue with [name]Cerelia[/name], too, now that you mention it. Whoops! Not the worst word association, but perhaps not ideal. But, I’m glad you like [name]Mirabelle[/name]! I like to think of it as a dressed-up, sparkly, whimsical [name]Isabelle[/name]!

By the way, if you are going to pronounce [name]Ayla[/name] like [name]Isla[/name], why not just use [name]Isla[/name]? Because, to be honest with you, I’ve never heard [name]Ayla[/name] pronounced any other way than [ai-l-ah (as in “pAIn-Let-cAr”)], but, I suppose I could be wrong…

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

PS I love [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] as a name! I love [name]Cecily[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], and [name]Violet[/name] with [name]Mirabelle[/name], too…

I don’t know why I like the [name]Ayla[/name] spelling more…I guess because of the book Clan of the Cave [name]Bear[/name]. I also like the [name]Mirabel[/name] spelling more…it looks more classic. Any more suggestions on unisex names?

If I was inclined to use [name]Ayla[/name] I would instead use [name]Ailsa[/name] and I would definitely use the [name]Isla[/name] spelling over the [name]Ayla[/name] one because it is prettier and the pronunciation is more obvious.

More

[name]Geraldine[/name] nn [name]Gerry[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Donna[/name] nn [name]Don[/name]
[name]Joni[/name] nn [name]Jon[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name]

I love [name]Rowan[/name] on a girl!