I don't 'love' any boys name

We don’t know the gender of our 2nd baby and we are struggling to come up with any options for a boys name. Our son is called [name_m]Topher[/name_m], I prefer unusual names. If we have a girl she will be called [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]. Any suggestions of unusual, not common or popular names that go with [name_m]Topher[/name_m] ???

[name_m]Topher[/name_m] & [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] are so sweet, maybe first try narrowing down the options, lets say we are looking for a two syllable name, something that’s not so common and doesn’t begin with t or L and doesn’t end with er or that heavy ee sound if you think the potential to have another child might mean you’d eventually use the name [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] and assuming you want the names all different but similar. These names are typically nns for [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and I kind of love that because both those names would begin with ch and are so classic and nice and I love the nns as given names. Very nice. That’s such a sweet sibling set so lets see if we can find you something equally as nice if your baby is a boy…

So lets avoid c names too, just because and look at
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] (!)
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Fargo[/name_m]
[name_m]Gable[/name_m]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m] (!)
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] (to & no? I like it, not that you’d call them that, just showing specifically this, :wink: !)
[name_m]Orin[/name_m] (!)
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m] (!)
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
For simplicity sake… though I will add [name_m]Liam[/name_m] !!! is another one of those nn or partial names that is excellent though its another L name like your girl pick which you’ll either like or not, some people don’t like duplicate initials with their kids and don’t want to risk never being able to use the one name they do like but I feel it needs to be on the list!!!

[name_m]Topher[/name_m] and…

[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u] (but maybe that’s weird, since both [name_m]Topher[/name_m] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] are related to [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]…)
[name_m]Eamon[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Bryant[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Auden[/name_u]

Thanks for your suggestions
Definitely on the right track
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is really popular at the moment - I don’t want my child to have the same name as 5 kids in his class.
I have always loved [name_m]Eli[/name_m] but it is my Mother in laws cats name

Thanks for your suggestions
Definitely on the right track

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is a nice name but a bit too popular for me - I don’t want my child to have 5 kids in his class with the same name.

I have always loved [name_m]Eli[/name_m] but it’s my mother in laws cats name.

Probably not going to have any more children so if this one is not a girl I won’t get to use [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] - which I love. I had [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] olive picked but my [name_m]SIL[/name_m] just knowingly used olive so now I feel like I need to find a new middle name to go with [name_f]Lottie[/name_f].

Thanks - great ideas

I have [name_u]Auden[/name_u] on my list but I’m just not sure if I love it

[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] is prob out as tophers middle name is [name_m]Donald[/name_m]

What do you think of:
Ruslan
[name_m]Eldon[/name_m]
[name_m]Knox[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_m]Cort[/name_m]
[name_u]Oak[/name_u]/Oake/[name_m]Oakes[/name_m]
[name_m]Kael[/name_m]/[name_m]Kale[/name_m]
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_m]Gannon[/name_m]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]/[name_m]Oden[/name_m]

[name_m]Cord[/name_m]
[name_u]Fairfax[/name_u]
[name_u]Ennis[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
Westworth
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]

Oh bummer on the cousin theft, I hate when that happens but also I’m always like oh good choice I love it, I just nixed a name I wanted to use and I guess maybe still will because someone just used it as a middle so I know what you’re feeling. I’ve been poking around here more since the recent family surge of babies hehe, everyone has good taste. I also really love olive though, hopefully you can find something you love equally. Good luck choosing something <3 I’m sure something will strike your interest soon!

What about…?

[name_m]Albin[/name_m]
[name_m]Aldous[/name_m]
[name_m]Aubin[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Boden[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Dermot[/name_m]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Nils[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]

My favorite of the group is [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]. I think it goes well with your other names.

[name_u]Kieran[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_m]Mack[/name_m]
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m] (or [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] as previously mentioned)
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]

[name_u]Nico[/name_u] would be my personal favorite for you to stick with that two-syllable trend with different first letters and ending sounds.

Really love @dinosaursroar’s idea of the CH formal names that the chosen names (your son [name_m]Topher[/name_m] & if it’s a girl -[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]) are diminutives of. In keeping with that “theme” and pulling ideas from it, you may like:
[From [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]]
[name_m]Chip[/name_m]
[name_m]Chaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Chad[/name_m]
[name_m]Carl[/name_m]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] (though you mentioned it’s popular)

[From [name_m]Christian[/name_m]]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Ty[/name_m]
[name_m]Stan[/name_m]

Ok, the nicknames from CH names is starting to feel a bit forced. I’ll leave you with those :slight_smile: