I feel set

Hello,

I feel set on my boy’s names and would appreciate your feelings on the following sibset. Are the names harmonious together, does the sibset sound weird, boho, vintage, would you assume our family has foreign origins? Should I change Zadig for Everest?

Here is the potential sibset: Liv, Elliott, Colette (nn Coco) & Zadig (nn Ziggy)

Thank you

• Harmonious
  • Disharmonious
  • Boho
  • Vintage
  • Weird
  • Sounds foreign
  • Choose Everest instead of Zadig

0 voters

2 Likes

I do admit [name_m]Zadig[/name_m] feels very different in style to the others on your list -they have a very international feel. However, [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u] does make it feel more cohesive and I think it depends where you’re living - I believe [name_m]Zadig[/name_m] is more familiar in [name_f]France[/name_f]?

1 Like

If sibling cohesion was my single highest priority I think I would look for alternatives, but rarely is sibling cohesion the most important factor. If I met a family with a Liv, Elliot, Colette and Zadig I would be surprised by the choice of Zadig but then, as the novelty wore off, it would become entirely natural. The similarities between Elliot and Colette would also catch my attention.

On the other hand, if I was introduced to Liv, Elliot, Coco and Ziggy it would sound like one consistent style. This set definitely leans toward that bohemian style. I think if you swapped out Colette for one of your other top girl names, suddenly the set becomes balanced. Liv, Elliot, Brune and Zadig sounds intentionally eclectic as opposed to a style departure.

3 Likes

This exactly !! I don’t think the set is cohesive but I don’t think it necessarily has to be! Zadig ( Ziggy) is certainly more unique

1 Like

I agree with all the points @kachenka has made

I actually love Liv, Elliott, Coco & Ziggy

As much as I like Everest, I honestly prefer Zadig in this sibset. I would be pleasantly surprised to meet siblings Liv, Elliott, Colette & Zadig

1 Like

I totally agree! Zadig is so cool and fun, and pushes the whole set in a super sparky, eclectic direction which I love. The nickname Ziggy is amazing and sounds great with the others.

Elliott and Everest are a bit too close for me, especially as the only two boys in the set. Plus “Ever” names are having a bit of a moment right now whereas Zadig is truly one of a kind.

1 Like

i think liv, elliot, coco & ziggy make a boho sibset!
however, liv, elliot, colette & zadig is a bit weird & definitely sounds foreign. zadig feels out of place and i think elliot & colette are very similar (which is not a bad thing)

Thank you for all the answers!

I don’t think [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f] are too close. I would not go with [name_f]Colette[/name_f] & [name_f]Odette[/name_f] or [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_u]Eli[/name_u], but I’m not bothered by [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f] in a sibset.

We are definitely thinking about [name_f]Brune[/name_f] too. We could have [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_f]Colette[/name_f] & [name_f]Brune[/name_f] if we have 3 girls or maybe [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_u]Elliott[/name_u], [name_f]Brune[/name_f] & [name_m]Zadig[/name_m], who knows :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Zadig[/name_m] is such a fun name, I love it more and more! I’m so glad some of you think it’s sparky and cool. Those are exactly my feelings for [name_m]Zadig[/name_m].

1 Like

It’s more known because of the novella from Voltaire (that we study in class) and the clothing brand. However it’s not very common. For the last 15 years we have had between 20 and 60 boys named Zadig per year (about 390,000 male births per year)

I have an [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and was told [name_f]Violet[/name_f] was too close so I think the same would be true for [name_f]Colette[/name_f]. That said, we have a little cousin in the family called [name_f]Colette[/name_f] nn [name_u]Coco[/name_u] (but she is asking to be called [name_f]Colette[/name_f] now, she’s 4) and when we were all just together, I didn’t think [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and [name_f]Colette[/name_f] were too close although they are cousins not siblings but in saying the names out loud together, I thought it was fine.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Liv[/name_f] in the set. [name_m]Zadig[/name_m] is certainly different and the one that is bohemian but I say choose names you love versus try for one style, especially for four children.