I googled my favourite name combo and found something...

I thought I had found the perfect [name]Ophelia[/name] combo, which was [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], but then I googled it thinking I’d find nothing, but I did. It turns out there was an American comedian named [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] whose stage name was [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. I don’t know how popular this person was or if a lot of people know about her either. Would this stop you from using this combo, and have you ever heard of this person? Should I change it?

I watched [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] on the TV show “Hee Haw” for years. Her trademark was a little straw hat with the price label still on it and the catchphrase “[name]HOW[/name] DEEEEEEEEEEE!”. She was very well liked. Personally, I would drop Minnie and choose Ophelia Pearl. But since only family and close friends will know the middle names, I don’t think it’s a big deal. I mean, how many people are going to know [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]'s name was [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] anyway? If you think you’ve found your combo, then you probably have. :slight_smile: If it feels right, then go for it!

I’ve never heard of her. I honestly don’t think anyone would make that connection. It wouldn’t stop me from using it, I think the name [name]Ophelia[/name] is beautiful by the way.

I’ve never heard of this person. Use it if you love it.

Well, I definitely have heard of [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], though I never knew her “real” name was [name]Ophelia[/name]. I would not use [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] together; she may not be well-known now but she certainly was a generation ago. [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Minnie[/name] or [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] are gorgeous; it’s the [name]Minnie[/name] and the [name]Pearl[/name] together that are problematic in my opinion.

I wholeheartedly second [name]Pam[/name]. I had no idea about her birth name but I can’t hear [name]Minnie[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name] together without laughing. I’m 30. I don’t know generationally where the cut off is but I think it’s partly if you grew up in a part of the US where Hee Haw was particularly well known, which I did, it’s well known. The show was on the air until 1991. I guess if you’re not in the US the considerations are maybe a little different, but I’d still think about it.

I would never drop a name idea because someone else had it. I think that’s just…no.

I’ve heard of [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], and with those two middle names together I would probably think that you were trying to honor her, to be honest. I would never have known the connection between [name]Ophelia[/name] and [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], though.

I have definitely heard of [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name], she was quite famous. I would not use it only because to my ear it seems just like the performer’s name. sort of like naming someone [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Kate[/name] [name]Winslet[/name] or something. [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is lovely [name]IMO[/name].

Well, my favorite combination is [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Wren[/name], and there is an artist/musician named [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Wren[/name] who fronts the band [name]ELiZA[/name] [name]WREN[/name], but that won’t be what stops me from using the name I love. However, I get the sense [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is more renowned because she’s just more famous and in general has been around much longer, and therefore maybe it just isn’t the same situation. I agree that [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Minnie[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] are fine, but [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] may not be. If you want something similar to [name]Minnie[/name], I’d go with [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (since it’s almost [name]Minnie[/name] but longer) or something cutesy like [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Sosie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] or [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Hattie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name]

[name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] was quite famous in her time. She was not only on Hee Haw but she headlined in Nashville at the Grand [name]Ole[/name] Opry for years. She was also in the movie [name]Coal[/name] [name]Miner[/name]'s Daughter with [name]Sissy[/name] Spacek. I think that anyone over the age of 30 will recognize the name - under 30 - not so much.

I would assume you were a big Hee Haw or country music fan if you named your daughter [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and Im in my 30s. I think her image is still really big in a lot of areas (the south) even though she hasnt been around for a long time. I like the suggestion of [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. I’m also a big fan of the name Ophélie if youre looking for a different version.

Since you don’t live in the US, I don’t really see it being a problem.

After hearing your comments, and even though I don’t live in the US, I think I’ll change it to [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Dollie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. I wouldn’t want people to think I’m trying to honor this person I’ve never heard of. Plus, I think [name]Dollie[/name] has the same vintage nickname feel as [name]Minnie[/name] so the combo still works.

I’ve never actually seen hee haw, but I know of [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name].

[name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Dollie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is adorable : D!

i’ve never seen he-haw but the name minnie pearl is pretty recognizable. i am 28 years old though, this won’t be an issue on the playground! i think it’s important to realize how obsolete all of our little associations to these names will be during our kids lifetime. meanwhile the next big celebrity could be ophelia minnie and than you have a whole new set of problems on your hands!!

Sorry, but I think [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] sounds like you are naming an animal, or a doll! Why not [name]Ophelia[/name]…

[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Renee[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Desiree[/name]
[name]Meaghan[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]
[name]Deanna[/name]
[name]Lindsey[/name]
[name]Amy[/name]

I’m over 30 and I remember [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]! I LOVED her on Hee-Haw when I was a kid. I’ll never forget her “Hooooow-dey! I’m just so proud to be here!” It’s a shame so many of you haven’t heard of her before because she really is iconic. (You should look her up on YouTube!) I would also say this is definitely a different situation than something like [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Wren[/name]. [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] was a young woman when she got her start and performed on air for at least fifty years, and she was a regular on several of the variety shows that were based in Nashville.

Note: [name]Dollie[/name] is also pretty and spunky.

I’m in my 20’s and I know who [name]Minnie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] was. That being said, I wouldn’t dissuade you from using it. Not many people will know what her middle names are. I do like [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Dollie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (though I like [name]Dolly[/name] better).