I had a baby (in my dream)

Last night I dreamed I had an adorable little girl - my second daughter. She was around eight months old. She laughed a lot and was very social. But she was calm and didn’t wiggle all over the place constantly.
I thought, where did she come from? But then I vaguely remembered giving birth to her.
It was time to write some birth announcements and to tell the Nameberryites about her. Couldn’t remember what day she was born. Or how much she weighed. Well, I’ll just make it all up, I thought.
We called her [name]Abigail[/name], but I was a little embarrassed to tell Nameberry about her too-popular name.
So I woke up, and I thought, oh, what a darling little baby. I loved her name [name]Abigail[/name], but I had to think of a more Nameberry-approved name. I thought of [name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]. [name]Polly[/name] would fit her personality!

Cute! I had a dream a couple weeks ago that I had another little boy. I woke up, angry at myself for not remembering what I had chosen to name him lol

Cute! I like [name]Abigail[/name] - it is very, colonial? And, [name]Paulina[/name] is so elegant and charming. This reminds me of the time my sister had a dream about having a son named [name]Rhys[/name]…

When I was a teenager, I had a dream that my mom gave birth to a little dog. She was very embarrassed and told us to say that we got the dog at the animal shelter. I remember the dog ran joyfully around the house and barked. My mom didn’t really like dogs that much, but I was happy. I knew that we would keep this dog since it was my mom’s little baby!

I think [name]Abigail[/name] is a great name despite the popularity! [name]Polly[/name] is absolutely adorable, as well, though. If you do have your second daughter, I don’t know that either name would be wrong! :slight_smile:

I have had dreams while pregnant with both my babies where I named them names that would never even have the slightest chance of making our final list. Our first baby, [name]Finley[/name], was called [name]John[/name] in my dream, and I’m pregnant with our second, who was called [name]Alexandra[/name] in my dream! I’m fairly (extremely) certain that [name]Alexandra[/name] is not going to make the cut! :slight_smile:

Awesome!
I love dreaming about babies!

I once dreamt I gave up on ever finding Mr. Right and got my life together as much as to afford IVF treatment and the care of my child. I got pregnant with twins in the end, and I was SO happy! I never got to the giving birth part though, so I’ll never know their sex and what I named them… I remember my family being very uneasy about the whole thing, since I was only 23 in my dream… XD

I’m not going to have a baby because I’m too old. But I decided that I love [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anne[/name] even though [name]Abigail[/name] is so popular. I doubt that it’s that popular in [name]California[/name]. I know of only one [name]Abigail[/name] nn [name]Abbie[/name]. Besides, there are so many names that have multiple spellings, but [name]Abigail[/name] only has one spelling. So I bet the names with multiple spellings such as [name]Kaitlyn[/name] are way more popular than [name]Abigail[/name].

That’s so funny, [name]Susan[/name]! [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is a great name, and I think [name]Polly[/name] is just so sweet :slight_smile:

I once had a dream that I was going to have a baby, but I was very young and couldn’t tell my parents, so I told them that I was in a play and had to pretend to be pregnant! It was a very stressful dream, and I never even got to the naming part …

I’ve heard of an [name]Abigayle[/name] - yuck! - but let’s forget I ever mentioned it, shall we? [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is super-sweet :slight_smile:

What a wonderful dream! :slight_smile: Though, I have to say: [name]Abigail[/name] is a lovely name, one of only a few that I really think “deserves” its current popularity. If she was an [name]Abigail[/name] in your dream, you never know- she may be naming herself before she even arrives, haha!

I had a dream about a daughter once. I mean, the girl to boy ratio in my family is something like 10,000,000:1 and because of this I’d always imagined I’d even it out by contributing some boys to the bloodline (lol)…still, I had this very vivid dream of my mom (who is deceased) playing with a toddler who looked a lot like me but wasn’t me in the kitchen of our old house. I remember everything; the color of the girl’s hair, the print on her pajamas. And I remember my mom just walking with her, and seeing the two together, and just knowing that I was seeing my mother, who had gone, and my daughter, who had yet to be.

So, even though I go around claiming that I’m the one who is finally gonna bring some testosterone to our extended house, because of this dream I am upwards of 80% sure that I am destined to have a daughter.

Would just like to throw out a dream my mom had about me, where I had a baby girl and named her Greyish. Where this came from I have no idea! I mean, Greyish?! What kind of name is that?! Sure… [name]Greyson[/name], [name]Grace[/name], or even just [name]Grey[/name] is understandable… but Greyish?! Sounds like a blob of icky color. So weird!! [Also, I think [name]Abigail[/name] is a lovely name… i love the nn [name]Abby[/name]]

I’ve always really liked [name]Abigail[/name] but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Paulina[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name].
A very interesting dream :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] fun, [name]Susan[/name]! [name]Even[/name] with its popularity, [name]Abigail[/name] is a beautiful name =)

I do believe I mentioned it in my blog about obsessive teen name loving, but I had a dream about future [name]Henry[/name]! It was quite simple, just me holding him in my arms and looking down at him, but he had a mess of blond hair and bright blue eyes, rosy cheeks…Very seriously the CUTEST baby I’ve ever seen!! He was so happy, and I said to myself (or someone else…I never looked away from him!): “He looks like [name]James[/name]” (my brother) “did a a baby!” gasp “HE’S GOING TO LOOK LIKE [name]ALAN[/name] WHEN HE’S OLDER!!” [name]Alan[/name]'s my uncle, who my brother looked a LOT like a few years ago, and he’s passed away and so I just woke up and now he’s [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name] =) (whenever I have him)
I am always waiting for more [name]Henry[/name] dreams (or one telling me what to name his future sister!)

What a lovely dream!

What a lovely dream![/quote]

I thought so too =) Sadly, that’s been my only [name]Henry[/name] dream to date!