I had a dream

Bit random but I had a dream last night that I was at work (primary school) and got a new child in my class and could NOT remember her name for the life of me. I remember I kept asking the other students if she was called, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] and [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f]. Turns out she was called… Thaeoralaeli :joy: pronounced thay-ORROR- lee-LIGH. (upon further inspection, they orally lie :sweat_smile:)
I love the way I woke up at 4am and immediately put the spelling in my notes app with pronunciation to examine later.
Let’s just say I can’t see that one becoming a name any time soon lol

9 Likes

that is quite an interesting name, hehe what was her middle name? maybe something short & sweet would be sweet with it though like mae or rose or we could go the exact other way & say something like chrysanthemum! can’t see it becoming popular soon either! :sunflower:

Interesting. Could be quite sweet with some alterations. Maybe if it was spelled Theoralai and pronounced thee-OR-uhl-eye

(could be Theauralai but that would be confusing).

2 Likes

Lol, that’s hilarious! Reminds me of the time I had a dream where I was desperately trying to talk a friend out of her #1 pick that would have been culturally insensitive to use and was instead campaigning hard for her back up name, [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] [name_f]Lynn[/name_f]. Only after I woke up did I realize that it sounds like “a mandolin” :sweat_smile:

Also, I agree with @Unice9729 that Theoralai/Theorelei is actually kind of cool. I’m tripping over the first e sound so maybe Thorelei, Thora+Lorelei?

2 Likes

If she had a middle name I did not know it! I think I am surprising myself in thinking that long might be better! I tried lots of one syllable middles but I think the contrast is toooooo big.

1 Like

That’s not a bad shout at all! The only thing is I don’t like that it still has the word oral in it, but I can’t really think of a way around that unless you take out the o and make it Thaeralai!

1 Like

Ahahahaha that’s so funny. I actually quite like the name [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] on its own!!

1 Like