I have a confession

Very thankful for nameberry where I can come to talk about names. Nameberry has definitely refined my tastes, but quite honestly I’m not so sure about the "old lady"names…now I have a greater appreciation for them, but I couldn’t bring myself to use it…probably because my name is karen growing up in the 90s, even as a lill girl I knew my name was popular in the 50s, and hatred that my name was dated…so I guess I want my daughters names to sound modern.
I had a very difficult time naming [name]Kaia[/name] because I tried to give her an"old lady"name and names I’ve come to love from nameberry and realized it just want me.
so now I’ve reverted back to my ultimate favorite girls list that actually [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name] were originally on so I know I really should continue with it.
WDYT OF…

[name]BRYNN[/name]
[name]HALLE[/name]
[name]CORA[/name]
[name]RUBY[/name]
[name]STELLA[/name]
[name]LOLA[/name]
[name]JOSIE[/name]
[name]SAGE[/name]
[name]AVERY[/name]

are these names way too trendy or still “nameberry approved”?
Anyone else like me who secretly would prefer trendy to the old lady names?

I love these names!! Well especially [name]Cora[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Josie[/name]. I think you should just follow your heart and if you’re convinced of the names suggested to you, then you should just try to find another name you do really like.

I love [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name], and I can understand where you are coming from.

I do love old lady names. But using “old lady names” IS a trend in itself – for example, [name]Stella[/name] is “old lady”, but is spiking in popularity (it sounds fresh and modern again). I would still consider it more classic than [name]Kinley[/name] or [name]Adalyn[/name], but more modern sounding than [name]Mabel[/name]. Hopefully that made sense. Many names on your list I consider falling into the “old lady” names becoming new again, but they sound modern because they are getting popular again ([name]Ruby[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Josie[/name]). Here are my opinions individually.
[name]BRYNN[/name] – love it!
[name]HALLE[/name] – love it! Unfortunately it might get mispronounced a lot (people will call her “[name]Hailey[/name]”)
[name]CORA[/name] – love it! Feels a little incomplete, I prefer it as a nn to [name]Coralie[/name] or [name]Coraline[/name]
[name]RUBY[/name] – very cute!
[name]STELLA[/name] – getting popular, but cute
[name]LOLA[/name] – love it, very sweet name.
[name]JOSIE[/name] – my fave, but as a nn for [name]Josephine[/name] (is that too old lady for you?)
[name]SAGE[/name] – nms, but I like it
[name]AVERY[/name] – eh

I think you have a fabulous mix of modern sounding names that still have enough classic roots to them to avoid being too dated in the future. My favorites are [name]Josie[/name] (as a nn for [name]Josephine[/name]), [name]Halle[/name], [name]Brynn[/name] and [name]Cora[/name].

I love all those names except for [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Sage[/name], those two just seem “ok”

I don’t love all “old lady” names myself. I do like some older names, but I love some “trendy” names too… but not ones that are over popular ([name]Aiden[/name], [name]Caden[/name] and so on). Sometimes I feel like I shouldn’t make a thread of names I like because I feel everyone here will shoot them down or not give me the advice I’m looking for even though everyone does it in a nice way.

But… off of your list I love [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Cora[/name].

There is nothing wrong with not liking “old lady” names! You need to use what you love. [name]Kaia[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] are both beautiful names and I think any future sibling should have a name that compliments theirs.
Off your list I like [name]Brynn[/name], [name]Halle[/name], [name]Stella[/name], and [name]Ruby[/name] the best with your girls names. [name]Lola[/name] to me is an “old lady” name, because it is my 84 year old grandmas name. It is still lovely, but not nearly as modern as some of the others are.

Other modern, but classy names:
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Brenna[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]

[name]BRYNN[/name] - My cousin is called [name]Bryn[/name], but he’s a boy. I have met an American girl called [name]Brynn[/name]. It’s nice but I think I prefer it as a boy’s name
[name]HALLE[/name] - Not a fan, sorry!
[name]CORA[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name! It’s so pretty
[name]RUBY[/name] - Again, love! If I ever have a daughter this will be one of her names
[name]STELLA[/name] - Can’t get past the fact that it was my friend’s dog’s name…
[name]LOLA[/name] - This is one of my nicknames and I love it
[name]JOSIE[/name] - My best friend’s name. I like it in it’s own right. She’s not [name]Josephine[/name], she’s just [name]Josie[/name]
[name]SAGE[/name] - I like a lot of nature type names but this isn’t one of them, sorry!
[name]AVERY[/name] - I think this name is cute and girly