I have a picky husband

Okay, we’ve narrowed down some girl names but would really love to hear some feedback…we aren’t afraid to hear anything negative and welcome any criticism that will help our decision. Here is what we’ve come up with. We agree on these:

[name]Lillian[/name] Aldana Smallman
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman
[name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman

Which do you like best? Which do you like the least?

I am also trying to get DH to consider several others (with little success) as I am not as picky. Here are a few:

[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Paige[/name] Smallman
Ellery_____Smallman
[name]Lyla[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Smallman
[name]Daphne[/name] ______Smallman
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman

I tend to like L sounding names. I also like the Y or E sound on the end of names. What are your opinions of the above names? Any suggestions?

Also, what do you do when your husband has shut down and you’re still not 100% sold on the names he’s stuck on…i like them, just not 100% sure :frowning:

Thanks,

A

We were going to pick [name]Lyla[/name] for our first, but went with [name]Layla[/name] at the last minute and I’m so glad I did. I have met a bunch of lil’ [name]Lilas[/name], but so far, no other Laylas and we get tons of compliments on it. [name]Worth[/name] considering, but I’m obviously biased…

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is really beautiful and [name]Penelope[/name] has a lot of great, classic, nicknames. I have a friend named [name]Penelope[/name] who goes by [name]Nellie[/name].

I like [name]Tuesday[/name] more than [name]Lillian[/name]. I think [name]Lillian[/name] Smallman doesn’t really sound as cool as [name]Tuesday[/name] Smallman. [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is very pretty. Good luck!
You might also like the name [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Serena[/name] would be really cute too.

[name]Lillian[/name] Aldana Smallman: I love the sound of [name]Lillian[/name] Aldana, but I like some of the other names more with Smallman, because [name]Lillian[/name] and Smallman both have the same ending sound.
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman: I love [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] more than I do [name]Lillian[/name] Aldana, but I like some of the others more because of the N endings.
[name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman: I think this is really spunky! I’d love to meet a little [name]Tuesday[/name].

[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman: I think that [name]Waverly[/name] Smallman sounds great!
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Paige[/name] Smallman: I really love this!
Ellery_____Smallman: Ditto. I think it sounds great!

[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Paige[/name]

[name]Lyla[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Smallman: I love it, but I like the [name]Lila[/name] spelling more.

[name]Daphne[/name] ______Smallman: Ooh! I [name]LOVE[/name] it!

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]

If N endings don’t bother you:

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman: I love this, too!

More you may like:

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]

I love the longer names with Smallman!

Modern sounding names:

[name]Bellamy[/name] (lots of M with Smallman, though)
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Lillian[/name] is quite pretty and classic.

[name]Tuesday[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] are both really cute and unique. Overall, cant go wrong with any of them…

[name]Hi[/name] A :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Tuesday[/name], [name]Ellery[/name], [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name].
But which to choose?

• [name]Ellery[/name] is cute, but there are a lot of [name]Ellie[/name]'s out there right now, and I’m not sure if it grows up as well as the others.
  • [name]Daphne[/name] is unique but familiar, fashionable and sophisticated, but works very well on a little girl, too. I’d love to meet a [name]Daphne[/name] (of any age). I can’t think of any cute nn’s though.
  • [name]Tuesday[/name] is quirky, but not weird and cute, but not cutesy.
  • [name]Penelope[/name] has a wonderful sound and has tons of adorable nn’s. I wish Hub’s mom was [name]Penelope[/name] and not just [name]Penny[/name]. Sigh.

All that said, I think I’d go with [name]Daphne[/name]. I love it! But, if DH won’t budge, [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be my second pick and I wouldn’t be too sad about it :slight_smile:

Good luck… and keep us posted! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] :slight_smile:

I admire [name]Waverly[/name], but also really like [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. If I were naming my daughter [name]Tuesday[/name] I’d probly want a nick name, like tootsie. GOOD [name]LUCK[/name]~(and have fun!)

[name]Lillian[/name] Aldana Smallman- [name]Lillian[/name] is such a beautiful name and would usually be my first choice but [name]Lillian[/name] Smallman doesn’t have the best flow and sound.

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman- ditto. :frowning:

[name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman- I’m not a big fan of [name]Tuesday[/name] (or any other ‘day’ names) but it’s cute enough…

[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman- It’s cute but there’s a popular show on Disney channel now called ‘Wizards of [name]Waverly[/name] Place’ and I admit that was the first thing I thought of.

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Paige[/name] Smallman- It flows wonderfully with Smallman!

Ellery_____Smallman- I prefer [name]Emery[/name] with Smallman because [name]Ellery[/name] Smallman has a lot of ‘l’ sound.

[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

[name]Lyla[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Smallman- I second a pp suggestions of [name]Layla[/name] and prefer [name]Lyla[/name] spelt [name]Lila[/name].

[name]Daphne[/name] ______Smallman- I love [name]Daphne[/name]!

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman- I love [name]Penelope[/name], especially with the nn [name]Poppy[/name]! Beautiful choice.

My favorites are: [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Lila[/name] (or [name]Layla[/name]) and [name]Emery[/name], but especially [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name].

Suggestions:
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Aurelie[/name]/[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Lina[/name] (prn. [name]LEE[/name]-nuh)
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]/[name]Lucinda[/name]/[name]Lucetta[/name]
[name]Maren[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]/[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]/[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] nn [name]Lula[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]

Good luck! :wink:

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I had never thought of the N sound in [name]Lillian[/name] not meshing well with the N in Smallman. I really like [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] but husband doesn’t appear to be budging on this…he is really stuck on [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman! I like it but don’t love it mainly b/c i’m scared it is just TOO different. [name]Will[/name] she just be picked on to no end?? My friends look at me like I’m insane when I say that [name]Tuesday[/name] is a name we are considering so its got me a little nervous to use it.

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Tuesday[/name]? I know your husband does, but your vote counts too!

I personally really like [name]Tuesday[/name]. It is different but not stupid different.

Kids will tease her, but for some reason I see a girl named [name]Tuesday[/name] that could care less and is spunky and quite popular.

There are some gorg name choices on here for you!

I love [name]Penelope[/name] also. [name]Lillian[/name] is my least fave as I don’t really care for the name and does not go great with your last name.

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] Smallman–my favorite!

[name]Lyla[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Smallman (my 2nd favorite, but I prefer [name]Lila[/name] with an i.)

If it was me I would go with [name]Ellery[/name] [name]Paige[/name].

If DH has shutdown just make a list of your favourite names to take to the hospital and when baby arrives give say you have a list and “could we choose one together from the list because you really love these combos”?

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is my fave…[name]Way[/name] prefer it to [name]Tuesday[/name]. Also like the flow of [name]Lilia[/name] [name]Rae[/name]. Genieve is so sweet, good suggestion. maybe your husband will buy that one.

I really dislike [name]Tuesday[/name]. I am named after a month and I feel this is hard enough because I am constantly thinking others are talking to me around my birth month when they are only making plans. Also, if your daughter is not born on a [name]Tuesday[/name], that would seem odd. JMO

[name]Lilya[/name] or [name]Lilia[/name] or [name]Lillia[/name] would work to avoid the repetitious n sounds in [name]Lillian[/name] and Smallman.

[name]Tuesday[/name] is gorgeous!

Out of all your ideas I like [name]Tuesday[/name] [name]Claire[/name] the best.
I don’t like [name]Lillian[/name] as it still seems old lady-ish to me but does seem to be getting more popular.
Its really hard when you can’t agree on names as the parents isn’t it?! I don’t see the point in choosing a name you both think is ok, i think better you have the final say & choose one you [name]LOVE[/name]!!
All the best

[name]Remember[/name] [name]Tuesday[/name] Weld the actress?

I could never, never, ever give my child the name [name]Tuesday[/name]. I can’t understand parents discarding the hundreds of thousands of lovely names to choose from in favour of naming their child one of the days of the week; it just doesn’t gel with me. Sorry.