I have had a Major Mind Blank! Need Help!

I am writing a story (which does not have a title yet, if you have any suggestions that would be great) and have had a total mind blank for a name for the main character. She’s got ridiculously long blonde hair and deep, misty blue (or maybe green?) eyes with long black eyelashes. She’s always been special because she has these visions. In the end it turns out she’s a Chime Child.

She writes a story and then for her 12th birthday she gets the now published book as a present from and anonymous person. She reads 1 chapter each night and once she goes to sleep, she gets sucked inside the book and has to survive each chapter. The thing is, there is no happy ending at the end of the book so she has basically has to re-write the book from the inside. The reason she did this is because she doesn’t think life is always fair and happy.
Her parents, [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_f]Aimee[/name_f], are divorced, so she has 2 full siblings (brother and sister) and 4 half siblings (3 girls and a boy). One of her sisters will be [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], another [name_f]Amber[/name_f], one brother [name_m]Felix[/name_m] the other [name_m]Amos[/name_m].

I was thinking something like [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] or [name_f]Alula[/name_f] but not sure anymore. LN will be [name_f]Snow[/name_f].

Thanks!

Myth names[name_f]Athena[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] would be cute for a name, plus [name_f]Athena[/name_f] was the Greek goddess of wisdom, so books… [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] was her [name_m]Roman[/name_m] form. [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]? [name_f]Pallas[/name_f] was another name for [name_f]Athena[/name_f]. [name_f]Pallas[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]? The Greek god [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] was considered the god of literature amoung other things so maybe [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
Other suggestions: [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]/[name_f]Zofia[/name_f]/Zsofia/[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] all mean wisdom, though [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] is a bit generic for a fantasy character. [name_m]Clarke[/name_m] means clerk. Runa means “secret lore” and “lore” is the same of “folklore” sort of.

Other names similar to [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_f]Alula[/name_f] maybe [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Alura[/name_f]? [name_f]Alula[/name_f] also brings me to [name_f]Elula[/name_f] or [name_f]Elaina[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosella[/name_f] is another name that comes to mind.

A different spelling of a popular name would be cool as well, because she has to rewrite her own book. Maybe Ellyzabeth [name_f]Snow[/name_f]?

This story sounds incredibly interesting! I love your choice of names for her siblings, they sound like siblings but are also very different. I’d definitely suggest you use a name that stands out from the characters inside the book so maybe that means picking a simpler name if they all have complex names.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - I love this name so much and I feel like people really underestimate it. Yes it’s an old name but you could really reinvent it by throwing it in with a crowd of modern names.
[name_f]Elinor[/name_f] - [name_m]Way[/name_m] less popular than [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] it’s another choice that would bring about the same connections as [name_f]Rose[/name_f].
[name_f]Lena[/name_f] - I feel like this is the classic name that many people don’t realize is a classic. I always associated it with the character [name_f]Lena[/name_f] Duchannes in the Beautiful Creatures series but last year I reread the [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] books and was reminded of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls’ cousin [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. I feel like [name_f]Lena[/name_f] could be a fresh nickname for [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] although it might make more sense if the spelling was [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f].
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f] - One of my favourite I names, the other two being [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]. Based on your other names I’m not entirely sure its your taste but based on the lack of I names in the world it stands out quite a bit.
[name_f]Myra[/name_f] - A nice change to the usual [name_f]Mia[/name_f]/[name_f]Mya[/name_f]/[name_f]Maia[/name_f]/[name_f]Maya[/name_f] names it fits great with your other names (I especially love it with [name_m]Amos[/name_m]) and still sounds fairly unique.
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] - One of my favourite names as a child and quite underused in my opinion. You could lengthen it to [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] although [name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] sounds great on it’s own.
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - I feel like this is a classic little sister name; [name_f]Amber[/name_f], [name_m]Amos[/name_m], and little [name_f]Clara[/name_f] sound exactly like siblings to me.

I’m not sure which names you intend for her full siblings but maybe it is [name_f]Amber[/name_f] and [name_m]Amos[/name_m] so I figured I’d suggest some A names in case you want to do the whole matching initial thing.
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - Probably too close to [name_f]Amber[/name_f] but I thought I’d suggest it because in the Selection Series by [name_f]Kiera[/name_f] [name_u]Cass[/name_u] the main character [name_u]America[/name_u] is called Ames by her little sister which is a nice change from the go to [name_f]Amy[/name_f]. You could also use the nickname for [name_f]Amber[/name_f] if you like it but don’t want to use [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] - I actually have a character who’s last name is [name_f]Snow[/name_f] and her middle name is [name_f]Ava[/name_f] so it came to mind. [name_f]Ava[/name_f] and [name_m]Amos[/name_m] sound like perfect siblings and I’m of course bias to [name_f]Ava[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] as a combo.
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] - Maybe your character insists to just go by [name_u]Abby[/name_u] in the real world but once inside the book all the characters call her [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]. Everything is all fine and happy but maybe when the conflict arises she has to come to terms with finding herself and accepting that everything isn’t always going to be fair and happy but it’s better to be [name_u]Abby[/name_u] (who she truly is) than to be [name_f]Abigail[/name_f].

One last addition:
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] - If you like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] I would suggest you use [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]. Yes I know the whole reason I mentioned [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] was so you could use the nickname Ames but I just feel like the name is too close to [name_f]Amber[/name_f].

Okay so I kind of went overboard with [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] but I mean you could use that idea with any name. Maybe [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] goes into the book and introduces herself as [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] becomes [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. You could use any of her siblings names or her parents. Maybe she’s jealous of baby [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and that’s why she uses his name or maybe she wants to be like her big sister [name_f]Amber[/name_f] so she takes her name. The possibilities are endless.

Good luck with your story!

Shaelynn

Thank you so much guys! I’m really loving [name_f]Minerva[/name_f], [name_f]Apolline[/name_f], [name_f]Alura[/name_f], [name_f]Elinor[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]. Hopefully this will inspire me more. @shaelynnsophia, loving the ideas!

If anyone else had any suggestions, that would be great :slight_smile:

My first thought was [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]. Although it’s a bit of a stretch, [name_f]Vera[/name_f] could be a cute nickname. [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] is a [name_m]Roman[/name_m] goddess and she is said to protect knowledge and defend truth. She has lots of statues in the Library of Congress.
Here are some other ideas:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillith[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Alena[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] (a-leen-a)
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] (A-lane-a)
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Alouette[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellianna[/name_f] [name_f]Snow[/name_f] ([name_f]Ellie[/name_f]-[name_f]Ana[/name_f] like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] in Frozen)

Here’s my list of suggestions:
[name_f]Karma[/name_f] - She’s writing her own destiny in this situation
[name_f]Ashlynn[/name_f] - means “dream”
[name_u]Reilly[/name_u] - means “courageous” She seems determined
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] - means “brave boar” She’s a pretty brave girl

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :slight_smile: