I.J. Initials

My grandfather’s name was [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and he always went by I.J. I’ve always planned to honor him “when we have a boy” but I am now expecting our third and final baby, who is our third girl. My older daughters are [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Leanne[/name_f], both middle names after family members. I’ve decided the best way to honor my grandfather is to do the same initials for this baby girl.

We have made a short list of the names we like, and I’d appreciate your opinions! Her middle name is going to be [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], so we’re only working on a first name at this point. Thanks!

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

Out of your options, I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], and [name_f]Iris[/name_f]! [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is by far my favorite in general, but I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] best with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] (followed quickly by [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!).

I think [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] would get my vote, although they’re all lovely names.

Good luck!

To go with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f], I’d pick [name_f]Isla[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is my favourite from your list, but I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds the nicest with your other girls.

I love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], but it’s very popular, so I vote for [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] however I think [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is too much of a mouthful so both [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f] go beautifully with [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f]!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is gorgeous and the clear standout for me! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] with the sisters’ names too.

I really like Isla and I think it sounds great with the sister names and the middle name. That said, I really don’t think you can go wrong with any of the four… But now having voted for Isla, I am feeling sad about losing Ivy. Oh dear! I really love Ivy too.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a knockout. [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] would make a lovely sibset.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

I love them all! Probably [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my least favourite. [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] are very popular where I am, not sure about you. They are all darling, though :slight_smile: [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] way to honour a family member with the IJ initials.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds beautiful.

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f],

I vote [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is my fav with your other girls names. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my personal fav of all the names.

In love with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is stunning and sounds so beautiful with your girls’ names!

I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] best. Another I name is [name_f]Isolde[/name_f], which could also be nice.

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! It’s such a beautiful way to honour your Grandfather.

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] is my favourite - so beautiful!