I know people think it is ugly

But I love [name]Beryl[/name]. It is tied with [name]Linnet[/name] for my favorite name.

It’s not my favorite, but I think it has a certain “prettiness” to it. I’ve known a [name]Beryl[/name] and Beryth and the names kind of suited each of them.

I love [name]Beryl[/name]! [name]Linnet[/name] too!

I think it LOOKS so pretty. And when I say it in my head, it’s gorgeous. But when I say it out loud, it makes me think of a barrel.

I love [name]Linnet[/name], but I’m not that into [name]Beryl[/name].

[name]Linnet[/name] is so so pretty!

I’m on the fence with [name]Beryl[/name], I prefer [name]Meryl[/name]/[name]Merrill[/name] more, but I definitely don’t hate [name]Beryl[/name].

[name]Beryl[/name] was my grandmas name. Not one I would ever use, but it means a lot to me, so I’ll gladly support you using it :slight_smile:

[name]Beryl[/name]'s actually one of my most favorite names<3, despite the percent of change of me ever using or considering it. If you like it, go for it! :smiley:

I know a [name]Beryl[/name]. She is beautiful, sweet, smart and SUPER successful.

My real name is [name]Bonnie[/name] but my dad and brother always call me [name]Beryl[/name]. It started off as a joke, but now we all like it :slight_smile:

I think of a barrel or [name]Cheryl[/name] misspelled. Sorry, not a fan

I actually think it could grow on me. I agree with pp that it’s pretty when I see it, and it’s pretty when I think it, but out loud is a little touch-and-go. I went to school with a Berylee (pronounced bur-lee, though) also, if that’s something you find more attractive.

I like [name]Linnet[/name]. [name]Beryl[/name] is nice, nicer that [name]Meryl[/name], but it still feels a bit fusty to me.

I have nothing against the name, but it reminds me of the [name]Sailor[/name] [name]Moon[/name] anime with the evil queen [name]Beryl[/name]. And even that isn’t a downside for me, if anything it makes me feel nostalgic. :slight_smile: I doubt this is any help to you, but thank you for that short trip down memory lane.

I like [name]Beryl[/name] a lot in theory. It just doesn’t sound that great out loud to me. I’d totally support someone else using it though!

I think [name]Beryl[/name] is such a pretty name! I’m not sure if I’d seriously consider using it myself, but I still like it quite a bit.

@gigigibbons: I too think of [name]Queen[/name] [name]Beryl[/name], but I get a nostalgic feeling from it. I remember watching [name]Sailor[/name] [name]Moon[/name] every day after school when I was a kid, so I can’t help but get a warm fuzzy feeling with this name.